Fully Automated Brewing System Design

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wow. I'm quite blown away by the amount of planning here. This is from one CAD happy engineer who likes to get his hands dirty with a saw and build benches, install sinks, cabinets, make wardrobes etc.... But I pretty much do those little drawings on paper, never needed to fire up Catia or solidworks for any of my (home) projects yet.

I'd love to see if you made any 3D mockups yet (haven't read the whole thread yet, will go back and scour it). Very good luck to you.

I'd be interested in some automation I suppose, once I get more into brewing and want to more accurately control the mashing and fermentation side of things. Not a big enough drinker to justify a continuosly producing system. Would love to see how you go about controlling the fermentation and mashing conditions to recipes.

Gl again. As wih anything engineering, it takes someone other than you looking through the whole thing to pick up what you missed out, great spo ur in mate. Lots of helpful critics.

I like your aim to make an automated system but, is this so you can push a button walk off to come back serval hours and have beer in a fermenter waiting for yeast? I can tell you that that will not be the case. I have worked in factories where there are fully automated machines that do all the hard work but have a man sitting at the controls the entire time the machine is in operation. Why? because machines malfunction, get jammed and other crazy things. So what is the drive to build such a system?

To interrupt, I really do reckon that there is a possibility for a push button walk away system of brewing, and have some ideas of my own that I will slowly build when I have the time & inclination. In the meantime I am still making beer on a setup that I can observe each time I brew. Daydreaming maybe. In six months I will probably have a thread just like bandito's, big dreams, crazy ideas, unique approachs, all for the automation dream. In the meantime, the essential bling is still making beer !

For a while I didnt doubt bandito's drive to build this, but after so long, and with no real exposure to how a backyeard nano-brewery creates beer, and no desire to understand the process through experience, Im starting to think that he's just a dreamer. Nothong wrong with that, but he's wasted a lot of people's time on a mission that didn't even get anywhere near to lift-off by the time his window closed. Bandito, you can read this in a month when you log back in. Brew some beer, if that's what you think you would enjoy. Then retro fit the processes once you understand the subtelties. It would have been so much easier for you at the start of this long, strange trip if you had the fundamentals down pat first.

As it is now, you are getting experienced brewers, qualified tradies, elect technicians and professional engineers (combination of the above, with the common link being that they brew) ridiculing your project. Show us SOMETHING that's working, please.

I often go back to the OP and check that the date isn't 1st April.

Hey Bandito,

I'll be down to Bateman's Bay this weekend. Keen to catch up for a beer?

Sean.

Hey Bandito,

I'll be down to Bateman's Bay this weekend. Keen to catch up for a beer?

Sean.

Is that where he lives? I'll be driving through tomorrow on my way to Narooma for the log weekend. I would stop for a beer tomorrow or Monday as well

How will you burn yourself on brewday? How will you leave a fermenter tap open once you start transfering hot wort?

These are key issues to all homebrewers.

DrinkBeer
I burn myself every bloody time!!!!

Is that where he lives? I'll be driving through tomorrow on my way to Narooma for the log weekend. I would stop for a beer tomorrow or Monday as well

Sounds like a plan Pete! I'll PM Bandito tonite.

I was hoping to have a beer or two with Bandito on Sunday after driving down from Queensland. Unfortunately as we were there for a funeral there was lots of faffing around to do, and I ran out of time on the day. Sorry Bandito, I was really looking forward to catching up.

Here is a pic from Batemans Bay taken at 9am Monday morning (27th Sept). What's funny is the pizza crusts lying around :lol:

Bbay.jpg

I was hoping to have a beer or two with Bandito on Sunday after driving down from Queensland. Unfortunately as we were there for a funeral there was lots of faffing around to do, and I ran out of time on the day. Sorry Bandito, I was really looking forward to catching up.

Here is a pic from Batemans Bay taken at 9am Monday morning (27th Sept). What's funny is the pizza crusts lying around :lol:

View attachment 41146

Sean, when you bent over to pick up a peice of fully automated pizza crust did something fall out of your fully automated man love hole. :D

Hows it all going bandito any progress in the last couple of months ?

Okay, so I am still doing this. Work always gets too busy by september to be working on something like this, and thankfully it is now over.

Right now I am building the 3d printer - there was a huge delay in the arrival of parts, and have only just started putting it together today!

After christmas I should have the time and energy to get back into this project on the scale I am used to.

Until then, Merry Christmas!

Godfuckit! You were supposed to come back with images of glorious beer being drunk by naked women. Not this shit about not having done anything yet.

That is my life goal too - I am just as disapointed! Even more so!

Godfuckit! You were supposed to come back with images of glorious beer being drunk by naked women. Not this shit about not having done anything yet.

+1
I was thinking about this thread the other day and did a search, nothing came up oh well sometimes the search doesn't work well, but **** me nothin since september I'm busy at work all the time and a single parent at least I've set up a 4 tap system in my beer fridge, set up a fermenting fridge, set up a trellis system for 10 varieties of hops, a vegie patch and grown acres of weeds(**** all this rain) which Ive been spraying and mowing for hours each week(must install a stubbie holder on the ride on :icon_cheers: ) cant wait until Silicon Chip bring out a kit for their new USB data logger so I can build it to monitor all my ferment and fridge temps and I will have to learn how to programme it to talk to ds1820 temp sensors.
But yeah i suppose you've been busy.

give burrito a ******* break you blokes, first things first, a 3D printer is an integral component in the whole beer making thingy...

bloody hell, some people.....

Do you really want me to abandon the project that on the current schedule will be assembled and ready for full scale testing in 42.5 days?
Not long to wait now everyone and this baby is going to produce some serious BEER.

give burrito a ******* break you blokes, first things first, a 3D printer is an integral component in the whole beer making thingy...

Exactly. I know I couldn't make a good beer without the right printer gear.

Right now I'm printing off a big sign for Burrito that says WANKER. :p

Latest posts

Back