Fullers Golden Pride In Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swinging Beef

Blue Cod
Reaction score
Has anyone seen them for sale in Australia?
A strong English ale running at 8.5%
I can get the ESB and the London Pride, but this one eludes me.

fullers.jpg

In this neck of the woods the only source of exotic European Beers that I know of is 1st Choice Liquor Barns (Coles answer to Dan Murphys) and before getting back into HB recently I used to get my Superlagers, Theakston Old Peculier etc there.
I'm going into Morayfield today with the Mrs to see Get Smart (Cheap Tuesday!!) and guess what's over the road from there :super:

I'll check and report back. Long shot though.

Golden Pride is not and never has been to my knowledge available in Australia.
It is a nice enough beer but I would rather see Fullers Porter or Vintage avilable here.

It is a nice enough beer but I would rather see Fullers Porter or Vintage avilable here.
They all sound great, but Ive never ever tried an English Strong Ale.
Im kinda curious.
Im crazy for the belgian heavies, but never realised there was a Brit equivalent outside of straight up barley wine.

Nah, 1st Choice have quite a few Pom brews ranging from the ordinary (Tetley's) to the positively lethal 9% superlagers. They have Fullers London Pride in bottles and also Youngs Imperial Stout. I'm from the UK and regretfully have never tried Fullers. At that time it was only available in a limited area of London via their 'tied houses' and I never hit on any of them, but have drunk a lot of Young's. yum.

Theakston's Old Peculier is typical of what the poms used to call a strong ale. For example where I used to live in Cardiff the local SA Brain brewery used to brew a dark strong bottled ale, and it was regularly drunk in the pubs as a 'strong and dark', tipped into a pint glass then topped up with dark mild ale. Gave the ale a kick after a long day at the steelworks! Have a stroll down to your local 1st choice and have a look around the imports and note their ABV % - there may be something to your taste there.

Cheers

Michael

UPDATE
Golden Pride has just become available through the International Beer Shop

If you are too lazy to give them a call about it, you are obviously not that ravenous for it.
Their website stinks

I guess you have tried the wine shop at cholesterol conner as you enter Figtree heading south Next to the (one) star kerbab shop. It has amazing range of wines and I have bought Chimay there. It is where I would look.

If not, take a trip up to Canberra and try 'plonk'at the Fyshwick markets. They have more beers than you can poke a stick at. While here you can try the British style beer at the Wig and Pen and some time a the Durham in Kingston.

Found a bottle this afternoon.

Where? I hear you ask...

Brickworks Ferry Road markets, Gold Coast.

$9 a bottle and the last one on the shelf, but the guy behind the counter seemed to think they'd be getting more in.

Give them a yell if you're keen - can't hurt. Can't find their number, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

Kev

acland cellars in st kilda has had the vintage in before. i got 2 bottles of it and drank one fresh and have one ageing for a few years or until the urge gets to strong for me. tasted quite nice young but will definatly improve with age .

Next time I pop my head into Amatos I'll have a look and see what they have in the Fullers range.

Just had a look, this one I bought today is about 5 months 'out of date' - not that I'm concerned with it being an 8.5% beer.

Any ideas how old that makes this beer approximately?

Does Fullers have a standard timeframe - e.g. best before 12 months from production date?

Kev

+1
Fullers_Vintage.jpg
Such a great beer! :icon_drool2:

Found a bottle this afternoon.

Where? I hear you ask...

Brickworks Ferry Road markets, Gold Coast.

$9 a bottle and the last one on the shelf, but the guy behind the counter seemed to think they'd be getting more in.

Give them a yell if you're keen - can't hurt. Can't find their number, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

Kev

If Gold Coast is too far to drive, I bought a bottle at Grain and Grape in melb last time I was in there. Haven't tried it yet, waiting for a special day.

In this neck of the woods the only source of exotic European Beers that I know of is 1st Choice Liquor Barns (Coles answer to Dan Murphys) and before getting back into HB recently I used to get my Superlagers, Theakston Old Peculier etc there.
I'm going into Morayfield today with the Mrs to see Get Smart (Cheap Tuesday!!) and guess what's over the road from there :super:

I'll check and report back. Long shot though.

This thread is over a year old. My original post above would have been one of the first posts I made. There I was explaining to everyone what 1st Choice Liquor was. How embarrassing. Can I change my user name please? (IIRC my next post was "when will my airlock stop bubbling") :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back