Full keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wogdog

Reaction score
Hello everyone just a question on having a full keg cold an charged in a keezer... THO it's a surplus stock build up do I leave it charged at say 300kpa or do I burp it down an than leave it till I need it hooked up to a tap..?

if it's at whatever carbonation level you want, I'd be leaving it at serving pressure (80-90kpa for me) otherwise I'd leave it at 300kpa

wogdog said:
Hello everyone just a question on having a full keg cold an charged in a keezer... THO it's a surplus stock build up do I leave it charged at say 300kpa or do I burp it down an than leave it till I need it hooked up to a tap..?
Pays not to leave full kegs in the keezer under pressure - send it to me and I will remove the contents so that you don't have to concern yourself with this issue.

But seriously at serving pressure for mine!

Haha yeh don't think it will sit for long cheers guys might have to split the second charge line than as one line runs 2 taps the other for charging.

Once the keg is carbed up, store it at serving pressure, you don't have to have the gas hooked up to it unless you have a leaky keg which is a whole other story.
I know a guy with 10 taps and he only has one gas line, he just tops up each
Keg with gas from time to time.

Rob.P said:
Once the keg is carbed up, store it at serving pressure, you don't have to have the gas hooked up to it unless you have a leaky keg which is a whole other story.
I know a guy with 10 taps and he only has one gas line, he just tops up each
Keg with gas from time to time.

That sounds like a pain in the ass, I know home brewers are meant to be a bit tight but if you can afford the 10 tap chesty surely you'd fork out for extra line and fittings.

Donske said:
That sounds like a pain in the ass, I know home brewers are meant to be a bit tight but if you can afford the 10 tap chesty surely you'd fork out for extra line and fittings.
Once you lose a full bottle of co2 to a leak you may reconsider

Ok than yeh kegs have good seal I will give it a good an charge it an keep it cold trial an error see how it goes charged an put to the side.
Thanks peoples any more thoughts keep them coming :)

Latest posts

Back