• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[fs Perth] 50l Imported Kegs $60

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
A mate of mine in the liquor importing scene in Perth has an opportunity to grab some 50L imported kegs. They are legal, and he is looking for $60 each for them. Not sure how many he has at this stage, or what style of keg they are (tall skinny, or short fat) but will advise ASAP.

PM me if you're interested. As always, first in first served...

Where abouts in Perth, I may be interested but obviously wont be able to pick up, my works head oiffice is in Bibra Lake so if it's near there I'll be able to organise a pick up, and they can ship to me

Where abouts in Perth, I may be interested but obviously wont be able to pick up, my works head oiffice is in Bibra Lake so if it's near there I'll be able to organise a pick up, and they can ship to me

Gidday HB,

just checked and he can drop off to Bibra lake no problem.

I have some photos to post later; they look like tall, slim style with the Carlton type coupling. At this stage there are 10 available, but maybe more later.

Cool, I await the photo's. Really though, I just want something to do full volume boils in so as long as I can put a tap on it I'll be a happy boy

Curious, I was discussing this with a Perth based importer the end of last year but the trail went cold. May I ask who the importer is?

Cheers,

Ben

Any developments (piccies)?

hey schooey,

could def be interested, how much and when do you think theyll be availible?

A mate of mine in the liquor importing scene in Perth has an opportunity to grab some 50L imported kegs. They are legal, and he is looking for $60 each for them. Not sure how many he has at this stage, or what style of keg they are (tall skinny, or short fat) but will advise ASAP.

Schooey,

Look i'm interested in the 50ltr kegs. i would buy 2 if they are in good nick. Let me know when advaliable!!

Cheers

Katar

Don't pay a cent for them get them for free.
When I worked in a hotel we had English ale kegs stacking up out the back. The suppliers did not want to pick them up and I asked what should I do with them. His reply was I don't care. I got one and used it as my kettle.
They do not collect them and sent them back to UK for further use.

So if you have a pub nearby which sells English ale ask the manager to find out from the supplier if you can take one.
Always best to ask and not just take as that is theft and I do not promote stealing.

How would you prove they are legal - just wondering?
Are you suggesting that they picked them up from the back of a pub and then selling them for a nifty profit.
Or are you asking do they come with written documentation stating that they are now your property once you buy them.

more that I already bought a keg from a garage sale and now the brewery is asking for it back (bastards) so I'm trying to get 'legal' ones and don't want further brewerys asking for what I bought back

How would you prove they are legal - just wondering?
You prove they are legal by going to the warehouse and picking up the kegs. If he is the importer then he will have a warehouse full of the goods.
What is the address of the warehouse?

I more wondered if they were stamped with "NO LONGER PROPERTY OF BREWERY" where it would normally say "THIS KEG REMAINS PROPERTY OF" etc.... is there a method which brewery's use to mark kegs they have sold on?

more that I already bought a keg from a garage sale and now the brewery is asking for it back (bastards) so I'm trying to get 'legal' ones and don't want further brewerys asking for what I bought back
Best then to get a tax invoice/receipt. The invoice will state the business name you bought it from and the item you bought so that is your legal documentation.

Schooey,

Look i'm interested in the 50ltr kegs. i would buy 2 if they are in good nick. Let me know when advaliable!!

Cheers

Katar

Sorry, Katar, didn't see your post until now... All kegs were sold to those who sent PM's in first. Apologies, but you missed out. Will let you know if he gets on to any more...

I more wondered if they were stamped with "NO LONGER PROPERTY OF BREWERY" where it would normally say "THIS KEG REMAINS PROPERTY OF" etc.... is there a method which brewery's use to mark kegs they have sold on?

Kegs can be blanked/stamped out when on-sold or purchased, but most breweries don't even bother - they just acknowledge that they rightfully own those kegs. If you aren't convinced, ask for proof (ie a letter from the brewery) or an affidavit...

Latest posts

Back