• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[fs- Nsw] Brew Rig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of selling my rig...

IMG_4145.JPG

It's a PID controlled gadget that will comfortably brew you a 60L batch of 6% beer, or a 40L batch of 10% beer. It is only two years old and has brewed about 40 batches in it's lifetime.

HLT

50 Litre capacity, about 42 litres usable from point of drain. Has a 3600W element, but if you don't have a 15A supply, can easily be changed out to 2400W. Has inbuilt 10m SS HERMS coil, Mashmaster dial thermometer, polycarbonate sight glass and is insulated with Aeroflex.

MLT

50 Litre capacity, standard 9" false bottom, drains to 0 litres, fully insulated with Aeroflex and has Mashmaster dial thermometer. Also has SS lid with inbuilt 240V stir motor.

Kettle

Rig comes with interchangeable 80L and 50L kettles, 12m copper chiller coil, 3 piece removeable and cleanable ball valves and hose tails.

Chassis

The chassis is made from 40 x 40 x 2.5 RHS, completely welded and is on braked castors for ease of movement.

Burner

The burner is a Rambo with the med pressure reg. It has no trouble boiling 70 litres in the 80L kettle. Not that heavy on the gas either.

So that's about it... I am happy to deliver reasonably locally (Mid North coast to Dubbo to Wollongong) or drop off at the freight depot of your choice. Happy to provide a lesson or two on how to drive it yatter yatter....

The build thread for the rig can be found here

Happy to answer questions you might have, here or via PM.

I'm looking for $2500. Sounds like a lot I know, but it wouldn't cover the replacement cost of the componentry and is pretty cheap when held up to the cost of a Sabco or other 80L nanobreweries on the market.

Sure I know you can get a keg and an esky and be on your way for $300.... but yanno

Whole host of things... new job, no time to brew, no space to brew and getting smaller, not drinking anywhere near as much as I used to... blah blah blah... Only brewed two batches on it in the past 12 months, and that was at someone elses place. Rather see someone use it...

fair cop mate......... it sure is a nice looking bit of gear and a steal for the price. If i didnt have one i would snap it up!

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiite.

I know what i'd be blowing a small fortune on if i was up your way and had the space to use such a system.

a boy can dream! :rolleyes:

I hope this isn't because everyone likes Pete's duck better mate... ;)

Ha! My duck wasn't even in the same league...

Nah, it's cos all AG'ers have their head up their arse; I'm going back to the can :p

Whole host of things... new job, no time to brew, no space to brew and getting smaller, not drinking anywhere near as much as I used to... blah blah blah... Only brewed two batches on it in the past 12 months, and that was at someone elses place. Rather see someone use it...
Careful mate, you'll fade away to nothing! :ph34r:
and blah blah blah is the best part of this hobby!
Cheers
Nige

Sweet Jesus Schooey...that's bloody tempting.

Doubt I have the room or the dosh, but that shits all over my VERY modest setup, and would make life a hell of alot easier...

DO NOT BUY THIS HUNK OF JUNK! :angry:

Yes it makes good beer.
Yes it does everything that a quality more expensive brewery will do.
Yes it's an absolute steal at that price considering all the little extra's it has.
Yes one of the times he brewed this year on it was at Chappo Manor (Did I mention it continuely blew out my circuit board? We may have been running 7 rigs at once but there was NO DOUBT as to who's rig was responsible!)

BUT CONSIDER THIS FIRST

1. Schooey is a HOMO and you don't want cooties in ya beers do ya?
  2. By buying it, although it's a steal, the craft will loose a very valuable member.
  3. Do you want to be ultimately held responsible for Schooey quitting homebrewing.
  4. Possible dodgy electrics (See above) :eek: :ph34r:
  5. Did I mention he is a HOMO? And there's more than 2000% chance of catch cooties?
Schooey, Mate I am very saddened to loose such a quality brewer from the brewerhood. I can understand your situation completely, but, is there a chance you'll find the time again? If so you'll regret selling such an awesome rig. Think of the hours you put in to building it? Think of the CHILDREN for gods sake! YES I AM TRYING TO TALK YOU OUT OF IT!

Why is it always the pretty ones that go first?

:( Sad Chap Chap

Settle petal... I'm still going to stay as the secretary of the HUB group, I'll still brew beer, just not on this rig, and not on such a grand scale. I'm not going anywhere, just downsizing...

And Muggus....:D

step this way, my son...have you heard about our new three point payment plan?

Monorail..

Settle petal... I'm still going to stay as the secretary of the HUB group, I'll still brew beer, just not on this rig, and not on such a grand scale. I'm not going anywhere, just downsizing...

And Muggus.... :D

step this way, my son...have you heard about our new three point payment plan?

Monorail..

You better not be lying or I'll send me 2 best Hobo's down to beat the crap outa ya!

Meet tha boys

ba_homeless5034bw.jpg

Shitting yourself now aren't ya?

Who is holding the guitar on the left?

Bonj?

Who is holding the guitar on the left?

Bonj?

Yeah... Never trust Bonj around ya Hobo's he constantly trys to convert them to hippies by singing Carpenters covers <_<

Look what he did to me last Hobo FFS :angry:

haight-hippie.jpg

Poor prick was so confused I had spade him, shave his head and call him Moby

It's quite humbling to be part of such a great brotherhood of brewers, even if we don't all see eye to eye at times.

I can assure all those who were concerned that my motivation for selling the rig is none of the above. I'm still going to be brewing and be actively involved in the home brew scene, just won't be brewing as often and on a smaller scale.

As much as AHB is being slagged lately, I'm proud to be a part of it, and I'm really gald I found a buyer for my baby here.

As long as you keep on brewing, even on the smaller scale Schooey.

Smashingly tidy rig yours is! :icon_cheers:

thats no good to hear schooey that is one nice looking rig. You better keep brewing I know the feeling just steeped a heap of grain this arvo then had to tip it as baby was screaming till about 30mins ago lol

Well folks, it looks like the Brass Knuckle is off to a good home...

I'd like to thank everyone for the kind comments, and also for the PM's offering support. I had offers for numerous ears to bend if I needed 'to talk'. a place to store the rig if I needed to for a while and even an offer for financial assistance if I was running short atm. It's quite humbling to be part of such a great brotherhood of brewers, even if we don't all see eye to eye at times.

I can assure all those who were concerned that my motivation for selling the rig is none of the above. I'm still going to be brewing and be actively involved in the home brew scene, just won't be brewing as often and on a smaller scale.

As much as AHB is being slagged lately, I'm proud to be a part of it, and I'm really gald I found a buyer for my baby here.

Cheers,

schooey

You're gonna brew in a 19L pot and be a part of THAT club aren't you? ! :ph34r:

:lol:

Seriously though, good rig gone to good home - all is in balance in the world!

Keep posting schooey! or else! :(

Cheers!

What??? NO Vienna malt in that recipe?

Which weizen yeast? Most likley a WhiteLabs?

Schooey, you missed a great day of beer judging, but you're in luck, as there will be little more next weekend. Say, a couple of hours, if you're keen.
I enjoyed the Potters Oktoberfest and a couple of the beers I judged were close to world class. Too early to call a winner (and I'm still hoping for mine).

Great day for both of us, I think.

Just read the first bit of this thread and will guarantee everyone that Schooey will not be giving up brewing OR drinking. Even if I have to perform club presidential duty as the "Brew Enforcer" and make him brew on my cobbled-together setup out at my ranch...but I doubt it will come to that. :rolleyes:

Keep the faith, all youse guys. Schooey is just moving on, not out! :lol:

Les

Latest posts

Back