Fs Keggles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itguy1953

Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a few keggles for sale for $100 each. I have already cut a 12mm hole in the bottom of the keggle, and inserted a brass thread. The thread is held in place with a lock nut on the outside, and a compression fitting on the inside. There is a silicon washer on the inside. You just need to attach your 12mm tap to the outer thread and you are away.

To the inner thread I have attached a 90 degree brass compression fitting with a piece of 12mm copper tube attached. The copper tube can be raised or lowered so that it is just above the normal level of trub, and you will be able to draw clear wort from it.

With the keggles I use, I also have a 12mm take off approx 1/3 of the way up the keggle with similar fittings. After I finish my boil, I let the wort settle for 10 minutes or so, and I then pump hot wort from the upper take off, through my plate chiller, and return it to the bottom take off. This starts a whirpool going, and all of the trub falls in a cone at the bottom of the keggle. Once the wort is cool enough to pitch yeast, I let it settle in the keggle (lid on) for another 30 minutes (or longer) before I draw off the super clear wort.

If you want, I can put in the extra take off point for an additional $100.

I live on the Mornington Peninsula, but regularly travel to the city, so I could arrange to meet for a drop off. Bit to heavy and bulky to post.

Cheers

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0023A.JPG

Back