• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS (Bris): Spike unitank CF10 and dry hop airlock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meddo

Reaction score
Due to downsizing I'm (sadly) putting up my Spike CF10 unitank (10-gallon) for sale. This is a fantastic piece of kit with one of the main advantages over locally available SS Brewtech gear being the completely removable lid that allows you to easily clean inside by hand and inspect the welds and cleanliness. Spike welds are impeccable and the 2" dump valve lets you dump trub and hops without risk of blocking. I've run ferments up to about 47L in it without any krausen going through the blowoff.

I paid a bit over $2100 to purchase and get it to Aus two years ago (exchange rate was better back then...), it's only had six batches through it in that time so near-new. Looking for $1600 now. This includes the unitank and Spike accessories listed below (follow the link to the Spike website for descriptions of all the gear). I've also got quite a few other tri clamp valves and fittings that we can chat about bundling if desired.

Included items:
1x CF10 Spike Conical Unitank
1x 2" TC Sight Glass
1x 4" Clear TC Cap
1x Blow-off Cane - TC Blow Off
1x Bracing Shelf - CF10
1x CIP Ball
1x Caster Kit
1x Gas Manifold - Gas Manifold Bundle
1x Racking Arm
1x Temp Control Coil - CF10
https://spikebrewing.com/products/cf10

In addition to the Spike accessories listed above and other generic TC parts, I've also got the 4" TC dry hop airlock described previously at the other place (Google search "dry hop airlock pressurised fv") to go along with the unitank. I'd value the airlock at about $200 if discussing a bundle. If the unitank sells without the airlock I'll put it up for sale separately later, but not before.

Note that the following photos are action shots of some of the different configurations I've used the unit in, but the price above refers only to the Spike unitank and the list of accessories (pending any other discussions). Anything you see can be discussed for inclusion though.

IMG-20200119-143327.jpg

IMG-20200119-143336.jpg

IMG-20190416-191628.jpg

IMG-20181121-055610.jpg

IMG-20180821-175512.jpg

IMG-20181023-212156.jpg

IMG-20181119-063022.jpg

IMG-20190615-161346.jpg

Hey good luck with the sale. I have a SS Brewtech unit and the stainless steel unitanks really do take it up a notch in terms of quality. Try gumtree too - I sold a homemade unitank on there a while back after no success on here.

@Meddo

Is the TC on top of the Spike lid 4"? Wondering about using your airlock on a SS Unitank, but that's 3" or 6"

Back