• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: 400g co2 Bottle with mini Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I would be bothered buying all the fittings to do this. they couldn't be more than $10 to fill could they?

I get my 400g filled for between $1.80 and $5 depending on where.

Freeze burn you skin, finger
Suffocation
Explosion

To name a few

Check with the store before you get it filled. I saw on the iBrew website that they charge $20 or so for an exchange on this small cylinder. I asked my LHBS and they would do it for the normal per kg of CO2 which would end up being a few dollars. They did comment that it's difficult to get a good fill in them, something to do with the small size. Most times they can only get about 300g of gas in even with a pump, but I guess that would be ok as that's all they would charge for. They reckon they might be able to get more in by chilling the cylinder but then you've got to leave it to be refilled. Handy size cylinder though.

Freeze burn you skin, finger
Suffocation
Explosion

To name a few
pos65.jpg

Check with the store before you get it filled. I saw on the iBrew website that they charge $20 or so for an exchange on this small cylinder. I asked my LHBS and they would do it for the normal per kg of CO2 which would end up being a few dollars. They did comment that it's difficult to get a good fill in them, something to do with the small size. Most times they can only get about 300g of gas in even with a pump, but I guess that would be ok as that's all they would charge for. They reckon they might be able to get more in by chilling the cylinder but then you've got to leave it to be refilled. Handy size cylinder though.

When I got mine filled, I put it in the freezer overnight, and took it in in a cooler bag with ice bricks. I think they got 360g or so in there. prob be able to get more if they cooled it there.

I've got one of these, great little unit - used to keep things under charge while the big bottle gets refilled.
Stand alone will charge and dispense about 5 x 9 litre kegs.

I've got one of these, great little unit - used to keep things under charge while the big bottle gets refilled.
Stand alone will charge and dispense about 5 x 9 litre kegs.
so would it dispense 4 x 19 litre kegs? - I was thinking it would easily.

Yep you'd be okay I reckon, provided everything is ship shape (no leaks).

edit: Provided the kegs are pre-carbed.

Last edited:
Back