• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: 240 Litre Chest Freezer - Will Hold 6 Kegs!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentonSpear

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 240 litre chest freezer for sale.

freezer_open.jpg

freezer_open2.jpg

freezer_closed.jpg

Stainless steel inside, white outside.

Dimensions:

External: 925mm W x 580mm D x 880mm H
Internal: 800mm W x 440mm D x 740mm H

It is in good working order. Some of the plastic bits around the lid are starting to break away but it still holds temperature well and is a perfect item to convert into an awesome keg bar. I have had 6 corny kegs in it.

Originally I was going to put my font on top of it but I just havent got round to it so my loss is your gain.

$180 pickup from Rowville.

PS. Keg, gas bottle and other gear are not included ;)

Dam I hate it when you see a good buy but you live to far away to capitalise on it. Put it on ebay it will go.

Perhaps you'd be interested in sending it to Denmark via UPS express, insured over-night delivery? :chug:

If I'd been anywhere near I would have taken it. UPS might add a little to the price though. :p

Cheers,

Jens-Kristian

Sorry to arrive late on the board but is this still available or has someone already earmarked it ?

Also, any idea of the power consumption of the thing ? The missus wants the beer, hops and yeast out of the fridge but would kill me if the power bill doubled.

I'm certainly interested and in Wantirna so just a short hop away from Rowville.

gary

If this isnt sold i will take it, PM me to arrange a time for pick up

Justsumguy,
I posted this comment on 23 March. You can justify anything if you do the right sums.

"Having replaced my faithful 32 YO but very dead fridge wiith a 358L chest freezer, I noticed that I rarely heard the freezer (set on 3C) running, so I put an hourmeter on it and over 120 hours, the compressor ran for 18.5 hours. Now this thing draws only one amp so over a year its going to cost me about fifty bucks. The old fridge drew 1.6A and it ran most of the time. If I said it ran 3/4 of the time, it cost $350.00 per year.
The freezer cost $400.00 so by June 2007, it will have paid for itself, so turf those cranky old fridges folks and save the planet."

Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, I wasnt getting notified of replies to the thread.

yes it is still available.

Brenton

Yep. To me !!! :D

Appears to be working correctly though there was an ominous tingle from
the front panel when I turned had power on it.

Clean edeverything up and cleaned up all grounding wires and everything is
woeking well new all connected to my MashMaster temperature controller.

Gary

Latest posts

Back