Fridgemate MK1 to run serving fridge?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoopsOz

Reaction score
A couple of months back I bought a Fridgemate MK1 off a member to run my keg fridge. I finally got some time to set it up with the intent to set my serving fridge at a constant 4 degrees.

I have run into a problem and hopefully somebody here can assist. The issue I'm having is I can set my min temp to 4 deg but I can't get my max temp down below 19 deg, the unit simply does not seem to go that low on F3. I would have thought I would set min to 4, max to 5 with a differential of 1. Are these things only designed for fermentation fridges? I have an STC running my ferment fridge so I might have to swap them around.
Cheers.

I get my fridge down below your target temps with a FridgeMate when I CC. Do you have F4 set to 2 by any chance? Needs to be 1 for cooling.

Thanks for the suggestion bum, I just double checked and F4 is at 1. What are your settings? Maybe I have my differential or compressor timer all out of whack.

F0 is 1 and F1 is 9 (which I believe are the recommended settings - I wouldn't have drifted far from those).

I wonder if you could PM that member and see if they recall any irregularities with that unit? Sounds like you've got it set up okay to me.

After fekking around with it all day, I'm convinced the unit is cactus. If I set it up in heating mode, the relay immediately closes and the fridge stays on indefinitely. As soon as I set it to cooling mode (and wait the timeout period), absolutely nothing happens. The guy I bought it off was using it as his fermenter controller so would never have known it was a dud. :(

Looks like I'll be waiting a month to get my self another STC1000.

Where do you live Coops? Maybe someone local to you could sort you out with one...

Cheers

Back