Fridgemate Controller Hacks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrak

The Dutch Knight Brewery
Reaction score
Ive got a couple of the original MK1 Fridgemate controllers from a few yrs back. I cant properly remember what their tolerances, etc are, but for the moment Im assuming theyre able to Control temps from -40C to +70C, and measure temps to +99C, as stated for the MK2 controllers.

In the mean-time, Im trying to build a semi-autonomous HLT, with the main feature being electric temperature control.

My question is, what are the limiting factors to the FM being able to read, but not control temps between 70 & 99C?

If its simply the rating on the thermistor, then is there anything stopping me from replacing the probe with another NTC thermistor thats more sensitive in the 50-100C range?

Im familiar (but no expert) with electronic circuitry, but some initial guidance would be great please :)

Cheers,
Tim

I have one of the S/S submersible probes and use a fridgemate to control my HLT with no dramas at all. I also have a dial gauge on the side of the HLT to double check that the temps are accurate.

In fact last night i just finished a dedicated FM unit for the HLT, so i don't need to keep stealing my fermentatio one.

Cheers SJ

Cheers SJ, so it sounds like it's definitely possible.

Now, does anyone know either: 1) the current value of the FM thermistor, or 2) an ideal replacement thermistor?

Tim

Cheers SJ, so it sounds like it's definitely possible.

Now, does anyone know either: 1) the current value of the FM thermistor, or 2) an ideal replacement thermistor?

Tim
try contacting Francis / mashmaster directly?

Have done, waiting reply. Only sent it yesterday, I'm just being impatient :p

Latest posts

Back