Fridge Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dengeez

Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers

Still quite new to this site, but really do love the info that is posted.

I'm a fairly new HB'er'and was wondering if there was a temperature controller you could buy for your fridge, when using lager yeasts ??

I read into Sizzles post and was quite blown away :eek: .

Thanx

Do a search on fridgemate and you should find what you are after, i have been using one of these for the last 12 months now. You can get them from the site sponsors listed at the top of the page.

Thanks Turto.

Was wondering are they easy to install, etc!!

another big +1 for a fridgemate (check sponsors sites up the top, they stock them).

very easy to install, plenty of threads here how to do it. only takes a couple of min.

got one hooked up to my fermenting fridge set to 11C fermenting a lager right now.

Definitely the best purchase I ever made. Easy install - just d/load a COLOUR wiring diagram. Now I am brewing lagers at lager temps. So easy. About $50 delivered. All that is required by you is a jewellers screwdriver and an extension lead to sacrifice.

Do a search on fridgemate and you should find what you are after, i have been using one of these for the last 12 months now. You can get them from the site sponsors listed at the top of the page.

hey Turto, what temp do you keep your fridge at up here in qld, how long would you keep a lager in there for example? And did you notice a major difference in your brews?

cheers,
matt

hey Turto, what temp do you keep your fridge at up here in qld, how long would you keep a lager in there for example? And did you notice a major difference in your brews?

cheers,
matt

Temperature control is a major difference. My brews done at lower temps have all been better. AG or extract.
Summer up here is a nightmare for no temperature control brewing...

I keep my keg and lager fermenting fridge at around 9-10C, depending on what beers I have in there. If I have all ales in the keg I will happily bring it up a few degrees.
The temperature produced by the fermentation keeps a lager being brewed a few degrees above the ambient fridge temp, which works out well.
So I can store at 10 and ferment at 12...

Hi fellow brewers

Still quite new to this site, but really do love the info that is posted.

I'm a fairly new HB'er'and was wondering if there was a temperature controller you could buy for your fridge, when using lager yeasts ??

I read into Sizzles post and was quite blown away :eek: .

Thanx

Hey dengeez

I used this link and installed it myself, Piss easy

http://helms-deep.cable.nu/~rwh/blog/?p=29

enjoy

Thanx there Mark, excellent detail.

Will be ordering 1 straight away, nice to see a fellow brewer just up the road.

Cheers
Rich from Corrimal

Latest posts

Back