Fridge Mate Or Brew Mate?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spewing I just bought 4 extras a couple of weeks ago and paid about an extra $10ea for them!
Ah well shit happens

Well, these were bought up in the first page of this thread, I bought two as did many others.

Have to say, very impressed recieving goods 8 days after I ordered them from China

Get on board if you haven't!

Haven't tested them yet, but they look just the same as the STC1000 jobs lots of ppl have.

Cheers Cortez for the initial link.

They've now sold 73 of them, I bet my bottom dollar, half of those went to this site :beerbang:

Nev

Well, these were bought up in the first page of this thread, I bought two as did many others.

Have to say, very impressed recieving goods 8 days after I ordered them from China

I haven't got mine yet. Maybe the ship sunk crossing Bass Strait!

Well, as the saying goes, "You snooze, You Lose!"

I hesitated and now I have missed out :(

Just did a search and they are all back to normal price with postage extra :angry:

Maybe the stars will align and it might happen again.

HC

Haven't tested them yet, but they look just the same as the STC1000 jobs lots of ppl have
Nev
some transvestites look the same as the other gender. Do u recon they are the same just cause they look the same? A closer example to home are all th blokes buying celli look alike taps cause they look similar they must be ok. They rnt. They r crap.

Just be careful fellas and wire them properly. U may also find u don't get a warranty. I've seen posts of a few blokes buying cheap controllers and them not working and not having any recourse with the eBay seller.

But hopefully u guys have some luck with rhe units. Though I'm not sure how it's relayed to brewmate v fridgemate. Which btw as pointed out are differant. Fridgemate is cooling only. Brewmate can heat and cool. Just like a tempmate sold by craftbrewer. They both are great for the job they r meant to do. But why spend extra money on a heating/cooling controller if ur not going use heating & cooling. Unless u wire a duel unit up as a portable unit and use it to run say fermenting fridge sometimes and heating other times. Then it's worth the money.

For what it's worth I have 2 fridgemates for my converted chesty and fermenting fridge and a permenantly wired tempmate for my HLT as i run a 3600W element which draws 15A and the tempmate can handle 20A. brewmate Can only handle 10A I think. Those Chinese units would only be able to handle 10A also

recieved mine yesterday... thyre teeeny!! I expected the unit to be bigger for some reason... now to wire the thing... :blink:

off to youtube I guess?

anyone localish to Richmond (Vic) have any expertise wiring these in?

:icon_cheers:

some transvestites look the same as the other gender. Do u recon they are the same just cause they look the same? A closer example to home are all th blokes buying celli look alike taps cause they look similar they must be ok. They rnt. They r crap.

Just be careful fellas and wire them properly. U may also find u don't get a warranty. I've seen posts of a few blokes buying cheap controllers and them not working and not having any recourse with the eBay seller.

But hopefully u guys have some luck with rhe units. Though I'm not sure how it's relayed to brewmate v fridgemate. Which btw as pointed out are differant. Fridgemate is cooling only. Brewmate can heat and cool. Just like a tempmate sold by craftbrewer. They both are great for the job they r meant to do. But why spend extra money on a heating/cooling controller if ur not going use heating & cooling. Unless u wire a duel unit up as a portable unit and use it to run say fermenting fridge sometimes and heating other times. Then it's worth the money.

For what it's worth I have 2 fridgemates for my converted chesty and fermenting fridge and a permenantly wired tempmate for my HLT as i run a 3600W element which draws 15A and the tempmate can handle 20A. brewmate Can only handle 10A I think. Those Chinese units would only be able to handle 10A also

CM

Late night last night at work and to be fully honest, when I got home, my wife shoved them in my face excitedly and said, "Here you are hun, more brewing stuff!"

I had a quick look throught the plastic wrapping, went ok, they're temperature controllers then went and did other things...

On closer inspection, atleast the covers and instructions of the STC and my cheapy units are the same

19022011805.jpg

How do these relate to Fridge Mates or Brewmates, well they dont... Was simply offering an alternative if people wanted it

Cheers

Tyler

Might be a wait, there's plenty of negs on that account re slow/late/no delivery, and also CC fraud on the card used to pay for items from the seller. I'd not let time slip so far you can't do a chargeback.

I live in Tassie and need both hot and cold temp control so for only $17 to do both is a bargain for me and if it is no good then I really haven't lost much. Worth taking the risk imo.

Just bought a fridge for the purpose of brewing so I'm looking for a temp controller. Looking around on e-bay I've found this which looks similar to what has been posted here, just can't see any model number mentioned. I assume its the same?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mini-Digital-Temper...ZQQcmdZViewItem

Also, I take it that if this unit is advertised for use in an aquarium that the probe is water proof? Any issues with the supplied probe?

Still waiting on mine to
although said was posted on the 11th and they had holidays for the lunar new year or something

like others have said for $17 u cant complain and its worth the punt

I received my two today. A ten day turn around from order to arrival is pretty good from HK. Was there a post on this thread relating to the wiring?

Cheers Brad

Just bought a fridge for the purpose of brewing so I'm looking for a temp controller. Looking around on e-bay I've found this which looks similar to what has been posted here, just can't see any model number mentioned. I assume its the same?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mini-Digital-Temper...ZQQcmdZViewItem

Also, I take it that if this unit is advertised for use in an aquarium that the probe is water proof? Any issues with the supplied probe?

Jacknohe

See here

$10 cheaper than the link you posted, same unit. I got mine 9 days after ordering

Nev

Will THIS Jiffy Box be big enough to fit the STC-1000 + all wiring?

The dimensions are:

157 x 95 x 53

I am assuming it should be fine but would like confirmation from someone who has already got their temp controller.

Thanks

Anyone found a good wiring instructions link?

Trying to find a previous topic on here

Back