Fridge Mate Or Brew Mate?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one you'll get with the unit is as shown in the pic ie. plastic cable with 1" sensor on the end. When I bought my STC-1000 I also bought the long ss NTC sensor that MM sells and it works a treat. You cannot connect these to a FridgeMate though.

Cheers, Hoges.

So with the S/Steel probe, they would be suitable as controllers for a herms set up, Yes?
Daz

My thoughts exactly Daz. Should work fine. Looking to replace my Tempmate for this purpose. And even with the additional probe, price looks very appealing.....

Cheers

I have ordered one of these and have a temperature calibrator, will check the accuracy :)

if they work ok they seem like damn good value :)

cheers...
from memory somewhere in the instructions for these you can calibrate them....

i was only able to check it off my other cheap big green shed thermometer and they're within 1 degree of each other... close enough for me.

My thoughts exactly Daz. Should work fine. Looking to replace my Tempmate for this purpose. And even with the additional probe, price looks very appealing.....

Cheers

Just ordered two. At that price it doesn't matter if its "one of these days I'll get around to it jobs" although still have to get the probes.

Whats up with the Tempmate? Your system seems to work fine.
Actually It was seeing your rig that planted the seed.
Daz

Just ordered two. At that price it doesn't matter if its "one of these days I'll get around to it jobs" although still have to get the probes.

Daz

Bah, I was just going to say add one for me on your order. Now I'll have to man-up and do it myself <_< .

jumped on board for one myself... ive been talking about it for ages and cant go past that price...

will I miss the panic at 3 in the arvo at work on a killer summer/winter day when I wonder if I got the settings right on the Timer? I think not... piece of mind for that sort of outlay is priceless ;)

...assuming I can wire the baby up that is... old man was a sparkie so I know my way round a screwdriver... B)

Daz

Daz: My system seems to work fine, but the Tempmate probe is not stainless or waterproof as far as I know, and the way it's currently mounted is less than ideal. Plus, I'll be replacing my Heat Exchanger shortly with a 2200W model :)

Perry, if I do order one it will be in the next week or two. Will let you know when and happy to add another to the order.

Cheers

Daz: My system seems to work fine, but the Tempmate probe is not stainless or waterproof as far as I know, and the way it's currently mounted is less than ideal. Plus, I'll be replacing my Heat Exchanger shortly with a 2200W model :)

Perry, if I do order one it will be in the next week or two. Will let you know when and happy to add another to the order.

Cheers

OK, sounds like a plan :icon_cheers: .

OK, sounds like a plan :icon_cheers: .

Jeepers!. There could be a world shortage of plastic shortly.
Good find Cortez Thanks on behalf of many AHBs I'm sure.
Daz

just ordered one for myself as well. at that price its definatly time to replace my old analogue controller. looking forward to the ability to do saisons and ales even in the middle of winter without running the freezer flat out. i currently just keep the heater in the freezer on full time for such dutys,wich i think led to the demise of my previous freezer a few months back.thanks for the good find cortez, much appreciated from me.

cheers dwayne

just ordered one for myself as well. at that price its definatly time to replace my old analogue controller. looking forward to the ability to do saisons and ales even in the middle of winter without running the freezer flat out. i currently just keep the heater in the freezer on full time for such dutys,wich i think led to the demise of my previous freezer a few months back.thanks for the good find cortez, much appreciated from me.

cheers dwayne

Slightly OT, but I could never imagine being in a situation where I had to have something capable of heating in order to brew an ale. I wait for winter, just so I can brew anything, really. I want a fridgemate solely to be able to brew - say - between September and April.

That's Qld for you. Even so, it's amazing we all have our battles with temps here, despite living in the same country. ANd those battles aren't the same.

Goomba

I just ordered one too. Wonder if the seller is surprised at the number of packages they are sending to Australia right now? Or regretting free international postage?

So with the S/Steel probe, they would be suitable as controllers for a herms set up, Yes?
Daz

Yes I have one controlling my HLT and another monitoring my mash temp.

Cheers, Hoges.

Just ordered a couple of the cheapies. When I was first made aware of this deal (thanks Cortez), I reckon they'd sold maybe 15 to 20... Just now when I purchased them, 54 sold... Bets on most are from AHB members!!

Nice

just bought one 2 :D

so if i'm correct, postage is free and with the $A so good
i just bought a temp controller for my fridge for $17?????? :D

Just ordered a couple of the cheapies. When I was first made aware of this deal (thanks Cortez), I reckon they'd sold maybe 15 to 20... Just now when I purchased them, 54 sold... Bets on most are from AHB members!!

Nice

Make that 56 Sold!

Just grabbed one of the cheapies (Cheers Cortez!)

Tempted to grab another :blink:

Back