Fridge Makeovers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

im_hoppin_mad

Reaction score
has any one done a fridge make over can
some one please give me some idea on how
much it cost to paint a fridge

im in the middle of one, im up to about $150 so far and have yet to finish but i went back to bare metal

what have you done i wash jus gunner sand it back prime and paint it and change the handles and my be a lock

If you just want it clean and white again do this:

Clean it,

Scuff it with Scotch Brite pads whilst wet,

Clean it again using el-cheapo Bag & Tar Remover,

Hit it with a few cans of Appliance White,

Done :D

PZ.

well update it, i wanna see the pics!.

your fridge looks very old my fridge is about 23
years old very heavy but white chrome handles
its paint is perfect but i still wanna give it s mans
touch you know i wanna make it blokey

i will tomorrow ok mate and you not getting it back ether its staying with me

I want a black fridge with chrome handles this pic on the front door it would be the best

images.jpg

im_hoppin_mad said:
what have you done i wash jus gunner sand it back prime and paint it and change the handles and my be a lock
[post="93105"][/post]​

I used a marine 2-pac ...like wot you paint boats with! Gives a hardened enamel shell (like a sprayed on 2-pac) but you can apply it with a brush

...goes good. 2 coats for $50 - $60 ;)

i used silver hammertone paint for an industrial look
came up pretty good!

i brushed it on which is on the OK side of sweet but hammertone sprayed on looks SWEET!

View attachment 4943
The misses finished it off a bit weird with a brushy swishy effect <_< but it's the 1st one we've done.
Like i said, because hammertone comes out all metallic and dotty, the sprayjob version would be awesome and take about 1/5th of the time. Can get cool blueish colours as well B)

edit - if you don't have bog and dings and sh!t in the fridge, i reckon the best would be to cut it back to bare metal, then just clear over the top so it's like a fancy brushed stainless one without all the fingerprint issues.

Back