Friday Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
Have an RDO :p going to knock up an occy with rook and troy (hairofthedog)

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Hair of the Rooks Oktober Occy
Brewer: Fenton
Asst Brewer: Rook, Troy
Style: Oktoberfest/Marzen
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 87.00 L
Boil Size: 102.00 L
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 18.5 EBC
Estimated IBU: 26.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
11.00 kg Vienna Malt (Weyermann) (8.5 EBC) Grain 55.00 %
9.00 kg Munich II (Weyermann) (23.0 EBC) Grain 45.00 %
62.00 gm Magnum [13.50 %] (60 min) Hops 22.6 IBU
74.25 gm Hallertauer Mittelfrueh [3.70 %] (15 min)Hops 3.7 IBU
2.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
2 Pkgs Bavarian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2206) Yeast-Lager

Rooks on his way over. Might even just crack a casual 11am beer :D Hope it dosnt rain later, cracking sunshine at the moment

Got my new tap on one urn but cant get the other tap of the other urn to replace it <_< (just brought two new 40L shiny birkos for HLTS's) i'll wait till help gets here i think.

keep an eye on this thread throughout the day for updates/stuff up's/drunken ramblings, its gonna get messy. if any melb crew want to pop over for a drink just shout out. B)

Enjoy the day Fents! (and hope the weather holds for you!)

I am sitting rather quietly at my desk, nursing the after effects of a late night brew/keg emptying session. Think i had about 3 hours sleep. Thank god it's friday!!

Cheers SJ

Have fun today... and give rook a big kiss for me!

Katie

87lt batch?!?!?!? bloody hell!!! thats a nice amount right there...

how long does it take to get 102lt up to a rolling boil??

about 20mins with an italian spiral burner and med pressure reg.

here I am stuck at work hacking the proxy server so I can get to AHB and then I read about you bastards brewing lovely vienna occy's in the sunshine on a day off !!

Work is putting on free BBQ and not a beer in site, and now with my brewing jealousy my day just got worse!!!
......however I may be shooting around to Daves for some grains this arvo and that is the only thing that is keeping me going!

Good on you guys, best of luck. Get messy! YeeHar :beerbang:

about 20mins with an italian spiral burner and med pressure reg.

I've got the same setup and takes me awhile just to get 30lt up to boiling.. maybe I haven't tweaked it correctly..

are you using the stand it came with? I thought its too close to the bottom of the kettle to really open it up.. flame comes around the corner and hits my tap..

Have fun today... and give rook a big kiss for me!

Katie

Fents hasn't got a hope in hell of kissing me Katie, you can do that in person when your next over :p

Beer was shoved in my hand as i walked in the door at 11.30am......gunna be a long day

Rook

Fents hasn't got a hope in hell of kissing me Katie, you can do that in person when your next over :p

Beer was shoved in my hand as i walked in the door at 11.30am......gunna be a long day

Rook

Sounds horrible!

An RDO? What is that?

Wish we got RDO's here...

Beers to you fents. :icon_cheers:

Dont overdo the beers until the cubs/fermentors are full!

Beers to you fents. :icon_cheers:

Dont overdo the beers until the cubs/fermentors are full!

pfttt thats a wives tale.

mash away you good thing.

must say vienna and munich smell nothing like the usual pils or ale malt when you mash in.

Brew hard Fents :beerbang:

Glad to see someone putting their RDO to good use the AUSTRALIAN way!

RDO for brew is a day well spent, however chucking a sickie to have a brew, that is the Australian way!!

Cheers SJ

4 pots down, sparge waters at 60 and climbing, 20 mins to go of the mash, think we might be headed for a 90 mins mash. both urns in full effect now thanks to rooks harware skills.

4 pots down, sparge waters at 60 and climbing, 20 mins to go of the mash, think we might be headed for a 90 mins mash. both urns in full effect now thanks to rooks harware skills.

oh gosh the simplicity of BIAB just got to love that temp control! :p

Gwarn wid ya bad self Fents!! I hope those beats are rolling along with those birko's :lol: .
Have a quick beer for me.

Latest posts

Back