Fresh yeast in Sydney or Wollongong?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apoole

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title suggests, does anyone know where to buy fresh yeast (for baking) in the Sydney or Wollongong areas?

Adam

Would it not have been best to have put that (for baking) in the title?

most delis seem to have it.

Cheers
Dave

country grocer fruit market in unanderra has it up the back of the shop with all the prepackaged cheeses.. very cheap and makes a big difference to baking!

Local sourdough maker will often donate you part of their starter if that's the sort of yeast you're after.

Or non local.... I'm always happy to bung a piece of my starter in the mail. Shoot me a PM.

Cheers
Dave

Thanks all. I'll give unanderra a shot as its only 10 minutes from my place.

Dave if that's a no go I'll send you a message - dont want to trouble you as I'm only starting with fresh yeast & may go through a fair bit to start with - appreciate the offer though.

apoole said:
I'm only starting with fresh yeast & may go through a fair bit to start with - appreciate the offer though.
Fresh yeast isn't that much more difficult to use than dried yeast. If it seems like it isn't rising enough, just leave it a little longer. I've had sourdough on the rise for 2 days before and it turned out bloody marvellous.

Latest posts

Back