Fresh Wort Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coloneldom

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Not sure if this i being posted in the right section but what the heck!
My mates recently bought me a fresh wort kit for my b'day called "Little Cove Draught" from Brew Cellar Distirbutions. THey bought it at our local country brewer store. Firstly, I just wanted to know if anyone has used it before and how did it turn out?

Secondly, I did some searching for it and found that it was recommended to use lager yeast with it, yet my pack came with a safale s-04 yeast. I don't really have the ability to create a lager atm so will it be ok to use the ale yeast?

Cheers!

G'day guys,

Not sure if this i being posted in the right section but what the heck!
My mates recently bought me a fresh wort kit for my b'day called "Little Cove Draught" from Brew Cellar Distirbutions. THey bought it at our local country brewer store. Firstly, I just wanted to know if anyone has used it before and how did it turn out?

Secondly, I did some searching for it and found that it was recommended to use lager yeast with it, yet my pack came with a safale s-04 yeast. I don't really have the ability to create a lager atm so will it be ok to use the ale yeast?

Cheers!

Hi coloneldom,

No probs to use the ale yeast, provided that you can keep the temperature within that yeast's active temperature range (above about 16) otherwise it may stall.

Let us know how the kit works out.

Cheers!

Hi,

This kit is similar to Coopers Pale Ale beer, bittered with Pride of Ringwood hops - so the Safale yeast will work well.

I am not sure where you would have found the recommendation for using a lager yeast, but this wort pack can be adapted to a wide range of beer styles by steeping grains and adding hops.

David

Thanks for the help gents, I got the advice after i searched for "little cove draught"on google. The site it came up with suggested using a lager yeasst for it. Anyway, I may just go put this one down!

The ale yeast will be fine. Using a yeast you can ferment within the correct range will work a lot better than choosing one that you have no hope of keeping within the optimum range.

Latest posts

Back