Fresh Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djt

Reaction score
G'day all

Does anyone know if there's anywhere you can buy hops straight off the plant (fresh) in or near Melb? Just small quantities for each batch.

Cheers
darrtoo

Don't know, but doubt you'd get them more than a couple of weeks out of harvest as they'd spoil pretty quickly. I'm guessing they'd process them pretty much straight away.

Interested to find out if anyone knows though...

Get to know someone who grows their own. I grew some for the first time this year and had more than I could use. Should only cost you a couple of HB's at the most. Using 'wet' hops definitely gives a different character.

Don't know, but doubt you'd get them more than a couple of weeks out of harvest as they'd spoil pretty quickly. I'm guessing they'd process them pretty much straight away.

Interested to find out if anyone knows though...

fark, I'd better tell my 2006 hops that, cause they never knew the facts

It is more expensive to store them perfect, but they do store very well.

QldKev

fark, I'd better tell my 2006 hops that, cause they never knew the facts

It is more expensive to store them perfect, but they do store very well.

QldKev

Thanks guys

I think Rotgut actually mentions 'Don't know', and 'I'm guessing'. So I'd say he's not speakin factually :icon_cheers:

darrtoo

Does anyone know if there's anywhere you can buy hops straight off the plant (fresh) in or near Melb? Just small quantities for each batch.
I'm not aware of any commercial sellers of 'fresh' hops, but if you contact Ellerslie you might be able to ask.
Otherwise I think it will be a matter trying to get some from someone who grows their own at home.

Is there anywhere around Melbourne where i could buy hop seeds or seedlings?

there are a few people advertising as it is the season. ive still got to dig up mine hopefully this week.

Is there anywhere around Melbourne where i could buy hop seeds or seedlings?
You want rhizomes , bloke
That way you can be assured that you have a female...
Females are the ones that flower...
Dont buy seedlings or seeds !
There are a few people selling rhizomes on here but also have a look on evilbay
Cheers
Ferg

Latest posts

Back