Fremantle International Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asher

Junctyard Brewing
Reaction score
Here's the link to the Fremantle International Beer Festival. to be held on the March long weekend (March 4, 5 & 6) 2006 at the Fremantle Oval.....

Fremantle International Beer Festival

Can't quite figure out if its just a money spinner for old rockers looking for a gig disguised as a beerfest... time will tell... No ber list on the site as yet

Asher for now

Luke McPharlin & Audio Perv are playing at 3.15pm on the Saturday. If that is who I think it is, shouldn't he be in pre-season training or Wizard Cup action or is this part of Mark Harveys new training regime?

...and does "International" mean Heineken, Corona and Stella?

I have just exchanged emails with one of the organisers who insists that beer will be the focus and not an afterthought. There will be stalls from craftbreweries across the country and beyond. International Beer Shop will also have at least one stall.

When they have filled all their stalls the details will be on the website. Sounds good.

Thats sounds excellent :chug: ...Another AHB outing maybe?
Followed by Little Creatures

That band lineup is brutal, I hope the beers are good.

I've been chatting to the new Westcoast Brewers Prez over the last couple of months about some beer promotion stuff. We were thinking of setting up a stall and running an AG Brew for onlookers... But a 3x3 stand is $2500 dollars. For non-beer stands they are $1000. Apparntly - They are "VERY INTERESTED" in having us promote the education aspects of beer, AND may be able to offer us a discounted stand.....

I wonder what size the included samples are

Tony, Every exhibitor will receive 0.30cents back from the promoter for every sample token received at their stall... So I doubt it will be much of a sample. Plus it only accounts for $3 of the $39 ticket price.....

Some focus hey deebee <_<

Asher for now

Yeah, after forking out $2500 for a stall you wonder how much of a sample they will be doling out for your 30c. They will want to sell a whole lot of beer to make up.

Hmmm, not many of those bands I'd want to see except through some craftbrew-goggles so wonder whether the extra $36 might be better spent otherwise.

Clancy's anyone?

And I had high hopes for this.
So we think it's going to bite the big one ?

BTW Chilli Festival at Araluen this weekend (11th, 12th) and yes it is beer related... chilli beer mmmmm !

Damn... just realised the beer festivals on the long weekend, was planning to head home then... might be a good thing that it's no good.

And here I was spewin' I was gonna miss it coz I'm going to Germany,Belgium and the UK!!

On the actual venue site map there is a "Judges Marquee".
I e-mailed the organiser to find out whom was judging what,

reply:

Hi Ian,

This area needs to be changed on the site plan. This area will be the Beer Insights marquee where we shall be having various workshops and presentations on Beer Topics for example: Beer Appreciation, Beer Styles etc.

These presentations will be from 1.00 5.30pm each day of the event.

Kind regards,

Heidi Cheffers

So if you want to know how to appreciate Hahn Premium then this is the place to be.

Think i'll spend my $39 on some ingredients and stay home and make and/or drink beer.

:beer:

Richard

Simon W said:
Yep, my $39 is best spent at the Ayinger brewery.
[post="107642"][/post]​

Maybe I'm just slow, but what is the Ayinger brewery ?
Am I missing out on another Perth secret ? :unsure:

Hehe, sorry for the confusion mika_lika, it's in Germany, 20min outside Munich.

Simon W said:
And here I was spewin' I was gonna miss it coz I'm going to Germany,Belgium and the UK!!

Went along to this yesterday, as was given ticket for birthday, and was pleasantly surprised. The tastes were small (50 mL samples), but some of the brewers were more than accommodating in providing larger than recommended samples, particularly if you showed an interest outside getting pissed.

Enjoyed Lindemans Framboise (2.5%), which my wife was very excited about - and anything that gets her to encourage me to brew in earnest is a good thing in my books. Also liked the St Paul Blonde, Abbaye Dendermonde, Belhaven St Andrews, Hoegaarden Grand Cru...

Matilda Bay are just releasing a saison - they had their first keg out of the bright tanks for tasting, and Brad Rogers was very excited about the flexibility he was being given to come up with some new quarterly "out there" styles. Was fairly heavily hopped - wasn't expecing it to finish so bitter with so many yeast and spice characters dominating. Will be looking into saison as a style in earnest..

Latest posts

Back