• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Freecycle (free Brewing Related Gear)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doogiechap

Burp..........
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I keep on seeing good brewing related gear (Fridges, Burners, Bottles) coming up on Freecycle and thought it would be worth a shot in setting up a thread for such items.

First up is located in Perth : (You need to be a member to see this link)
Feel free to PM me if you want to me contact the person on your behalf if you don't have membership yet.
Someone must need this for their grain mill ??

I have an old electric motor, not sure if it works. It is 1/2 horse power and
runs on 220/230 volts.

Any takers?

GG

Google Freecycle for more info about it :)
Cheers
Doug

Damn it Doogiechap, that where i score all my good stuff.

Now the whole world knows....

Picked up a big fridge for free a couple of weeks ago plus a few work benches (brew stand) B)

Damn it Doogiechap, that where i score all my good stuff.

Now the whole world knows....

Me too! We have scored heaps of good stuff on freecycle, trampoline, mini pool table
and other stuff. Freecycle is great, but I think a mod should remove this and the
ebay threads. :p

I just checked this out, some of the people in the group are giving away the craziest things.. For example, one lady is giving away a tennis ball which she describes as 'abit dusty, good enough for pets' and also Plastic child's ring. Unusual design, as it's a hand, that loops around the finger (ring part) that goes around to end in another hand, both hands are joined by the thumb (that's the top part). I used to wear this as a child 3.5 decades ago, and pretend to use it as self defence as you could scratch anyone with the fingernails of the two hands if you made a fist. Not that it made that much of an impact. And lets not forget the 2 tone highlighter, yellow side works, orange side doesn't.

We love freecycle. Have given and received. But my wife mostly monitors it and I don't remember her telling me about any brewing gear... Must just be the gold coast group, eh?

Same as you WildaYeast,

Maybe the odd fridge, but they get snapped up pretty quickly. Great to get rid of thing that are just taking up space, and scored some really useful things back too. Almost Karmic.

Cheers,

microbe

Its quite funny what people think they can give away.

All the good stuff is gone in seconds, the crap does linger.

Scored my bar stools off here in addition to a fridge, work bench and cupboard.

Gave away an espresso machine a few weeks back.

Scored an evaporative cooler and a kitten.

Missed out on plenty of fridges, and was apparently ten seconds too late for a harp!!!

I've given alot of things away on freecycle, but never been lucky enough to actually get anything but it sure is handy!

i've seen on other forums that they have a "pay it foward" section where people are encouraged to give away things they no longer use

perhaps we could start something like this with brewing related items on here?

Cheers Rob.

I love it :)
I've scored B&W speakers (audiophile veeeery expensive), a pressure cooker, and heaps of other gear. Beer bottles come up all of the time. I love the concept of paying it forward Rob.
OK first up :-

I have a 36L ally pot with lid free to a good home. It's a bit rough but is better than no pot :p .
I'll happily pop a 19mm hole in it for the receiver for a ball valve.
One 30 litre fermenter with tap and airlock.
Pickup Bibra Lake Perth.
Cheers
Doug

Gosnells Perth
Linky Here if you are a member.

Working upright 360 L white W/House freezer

doogie, id be up for the 30L fementer might even have a bottle of Black Iron Prison to exchange

doogie, id be up for the 30L fementer might even have a bottle of Black Iron Prison to exchange

Sold !!
I will gladly do the swap Sinkas :)

AND

Fridge Freezer Pigeon Pair Belmont
Linky Here

Next > I have 2 fru\idhe freezers,both work well,just upgraded..1 is side by
side,both need a good clean but will serve you well..pick up asap

OFFER- EMPTY SPRING WATER CONTAINERS - CANNINGVALE
We have quite a few empty spring water containers some are 10litre and
some are 15 litres.
Linky link here (if you are a freecycle member)

Offer: Bar Fridge - North Beach Perth

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecycleperth/message/53930

One a bar fridge on offer - it is working and is a standard bar fridge size.

It is pretty old but we have not had any problems with it. Rather than white it

is a brown fake wood grain colour.

Has a small freezer section at the top accessible from the fridge section

Please advise when you could collect, we'd like it gone asap.

Link to listing here

RE-OFFER-2 Fridge Freezers..Working-Belmont
Message #53941
I am reoffering them as people who asked me to hold changed their mind after
they were held onto for their convenience,,These fridges are in good working
order..have been very reliable for us.Theyre just excess to our needs..only
genuine people apply as sooner rather than later pickup is preferable

Regards
Rachel

Saw this one this morning - pretty crappy that they got stuffed around. There hasn't been a TAKEN note against the bar fridge which is quite surprising. Man I love freecycle, got a brand new jagermeister illuminated sign from there and will be shortly offloading a heap of stuff that's been sitting in the shed for a few years (not brew related though).

I am 20 minutes from Belmont, assuming its the Belmont outside Geelong and cannot find them! Need a fermenting fridge!

I am 20 minutes from Belmont, assuming its the Belmont outside Geelong and cannot find them! Need a fermenting fridge!
Sorry bloke I forgot to give the Perth reference :-(
cheers
Doug from Perth who lived in Norlane for a while :)

Ah that makes sense then, I jumped on freecycle when I saw that desperately hoping they would still be there :)

Back