Free Co2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil123

Reaction score
Found this today, sorry if its been discussed before, but will it work?

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see it not working, however when I noticed the video last time I had some safety concerns should the pressure ever get too high and the safetey valve not work. If you turn your kegs over on a very regular basis then it might be fine but if you take some time to get through your kegs then autolisys might occur and the beer in the CO2 producing kegs is not going to taste as nice. I also suspect that the beer produced in these kegs, as it is produced under increasing pressure might have a different flavour profile than via a normal fermenter.

Cheers

Roller

I thought about it at one stage. CO2 cost me about $1 a keg to gas up and dispense. By the time I get a spare keg, quick disconnect and tube that's a lot of CO2 I need to generate to be feasible. Not to mention the time to stuff around with another bit of brewing. Also think of all that crappy smelly sulphur dioxide that is produced during fermenting being forced back into your beer. mmm Egg fart lager anyone. I rather put the time into brewing itself.

QldKev

Back