• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free 3.5kg Fire Extinguisher, Empty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Reaction score
I was using this extinguisher with my kegs for the last couple of years and finally ran out of gas. I got a good deal on a kegking cylinder so figured I'd go down that route rather than paying to get this one refilled and modified with a tap and no dip tube etc.
Last (and only) maintainence stamp says 4th Oct 07 so I assume its still in test. If anyone wants to get a tap fitted in place of the trigger handle it would make a great CO2 cylinder. Its a Chubb branded cylinder and I bought it full from a business that had closed down in 2008.

Pickup from Sutherland Shire or nearby, first to confirm they can come and get it can have it.

*I take no responsibility for what you do with this extinguisher etc etc, idiots with no common sense need not apply*

I was using this extinguisher with my kegs for the last couple of years and finally ran out of gas. I got a good deal on a kegking cylinder so figured I'd go down that route rather than paying to get this one refilled and modified with a tap and no dip tube etc.
Last (and only) maintainence stamp says 4th Oct 07 so I assume its still in test. If anyone wants to get a tap fitted in place of the trigger handle it would make a great CO2 cylinder. Its a Chubb branded cylinder and I bought it full from a business that had closed down in 2008.

Pickup from Sutherland Shire or nearby, first to confirm they can come and get it can have it.

*I take no responsibility for what you do with this extinguisher etc etc, idiots with no common sense need not apply*

:icon_offtopic: but i have to ask. Did a full 3.5kg bottle really last you a couple of years...? Reason I ask is I have just started to keg, and am using a full 5.5kg extinguisher. I expected no more than 6 odd months but this is really good news. Sorry to drag it OT straight up but curious to know is all.

Cheers

Tyler

Yeah it did but I'm a bit of a lightweight. I was still pretty surprised how long it went for, I spent most of the last year waiting for it to run out!
Somebody more serious than I am will be able to tell you the volumes of gas required for force carbonating and pushing through a keg - then you can calculate roughly how many kegs your cylinder will last.

Latest posts

Back