Found This Old Urn, I Have Q's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbonator

Reaction score
I know it's tiny at 2 Gal, but I loved it for $15

It works a treat (both elements get hot)

Anyone know if the elements are still available (2 of them) or if someone in Brisvagas can make them?

Also, from the Model No, UA2, anyone know when it may have been made.

I love the little wooden handle, would it be original?

picture.jpg

ID_PLATE.jpg

elements.jpg

Nice fine there!

I previously uploaded a Stokes catalogue (no affiliation, etc), and in there they had elements you could bend to your own liking if I recall correctly.

I am sure other suppliers would have similar elements you can bend as required.

Post in here:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=413136

I hope this is of some use.

Nice fine there!

I previously uploaded a Stokes catalogue (no affiliation, etc), and in there they had elements you could bend to your own liking if I recall correctly.

I am sure other suppliers would have similar elements you can bend as required.

Post in here:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=413136

Thanks for the link.

It is a nice little Urn and the guy at Zip, (they bought Langco) said it's antique with no support from them as I suspected.

I did get onto a custom element manufacturer and found out heaps of info about elements and we worked out a single Birko element "on the shelf" will fit with the addition of 2 plugs for the unneeded element holes. If the Birko elements was a bit out, then they are very pliable and a slight bend will make it fit correctly. Failing that, buying a straight element and bending with the correct size pipe bender it is the way to go.

Anyway, it still works great, so no rush, as it looks like replacing an element is not an issue.

Back