Forgot To....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpowell

Reaction score
....clean out my boiler last Sunday :) Eat your heart out Alexander Fleming.

Beautiful, isn't it?

DSCN0677.jpg

I have had WORSE far worse than that..

Left the kettle for 3 weeks...

Developed into a slime that when tipped way out the back, wafted into the house :icon_vomit:

It was a truly awsome stench... :ph34r:

mmm i remind me of a pea and ham soup i left in the garage for 2 months.... had every single colour in the... well sludge i guess

8kg of wet spent grain sitting in a sealed container for 3 months smells quite a bit worse!

Oz, was the lid on the whole time? That is a whole lot of infection going on after a week and the contents would have been well sanitised after a 90 minute boil. Interesting experiment and a warning as to how quickly infections can gain a foothold.

Oz, was the lid on the whole time? That is a whole lot of infection going on after a week and the contents would have been well sanitised after a 90 minute boil. Interesting experiment and a warning as to how quickly infections can gain a foothold.

The run-off tube was looped back from the ball valve back into the pot and the lid was sat on top. So there was about half an inch crack. I agree - I was surprised at the amount of infection. The pot was indoors and not in a drafty area....

Latest posts

Back