• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale - Hop Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So can I leave them in the packaging (in the fridge) that you sent them to me in until the frost has finished, or do I need to repack them to keep them fresh and healthy?

Cheers

So can I leave them in the packaging (in the fridge) that you sent them to me in until the frost has finished, or do I need to repack them to keep them fresh and healthy?

Cheers

The rhizomes are packed in damp coir so should happily survive in your fridge for the next few months.

Some people have planted them already and those who bought them very early on in the sale have seen them shooting!

I still think leaving them in the fridge in the package you receive them in until late winter/early spring (last frost for frost prone districts like mine) is the simplest way to go about it.

Cheers
The rhizomes are packed in damp coir so should happily survive in your fridge for the next few months.
Some people have planted them already and those who bought them very early on in the sale have seen them shooting!
I still think leaving them in the fridge in the package you receive them in until late winter/early spring (last frost for frost prone districts like mine) is the simplest way to go about it.
I think there's an argument to not let them sprout until the proper growing season
in spring as they will just use up food reserves in the rhizomes if they sprout now
for no purpose and would then not be as vigorous as they could be when you want
them to be.

T.

Latest posts

Back