Food Grade Hose

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
G'day all,

I've recently been able to use a huge 50L stockpot for full 23L batch boils. I have done one in this method and it turned out quite nice compared to the same recipe done with a 6L boil. My only worry is that with a full boil i have to syphon the wort down into the fermenter. Not forseeing this the first time i panicked and used a length of silicone hose i had. It was clean and sterile but i dont know if it was food grade or not. Did i just get lucky avoiding a disaster or should this this be okay to use again???

Cheers in advance for any help!

Rob.

Probably the best thing you could use. Not just food safe but heat rated. Where was it from?

Sounds fine to me. I use silicone hose from bunnings on my mash tun and boil kettle. Just bought some more from a plumbing place for my HLT.

I purchased some food grade hose from my local beertech. Without knowing how much hose costs normally, or remembering how much I paid, I'm still fairly certain I got a little ripped off in price. However, its still going strong.

Not the Faaarking FOOD GRADE HOSE thread AGAIN !!!! AAAAARRRRRGGHH

I wasn't aware Bunnings sells silicon hose, which section is it in??? Seriously. If they do then I will grab some from there it's only 4km up the road.

Not the Faaarking FOOD GRADE HOSE thread AGAIN !!!! AAAAARRRRRGGHH

Mate, why don't you just stop reading this stuff.....would be better for your heart.

Or you just like being annoyed???

bud

Latest posts

Back