Font Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian ulrick

Reaction score
Looking at a font to purchase. The font is made of copper and brass (hoping it will look good on a Red gum slab) :icon_drool2: .2 taps, 2 beer lines and 2 copper lines. The question, is it a frosted font that will take glycol in the copper tubes. Seller doesn't know and I'm not real savvy on this as I thought that the lines for glycol are generally plastic. I've never seen a frosted copper font. Can it be done? Thanks in advance. Baldrick.

Not sure - my flooded fonts are plastic tubes for the cooling, all different colours and sizes. Quick check to see if it's some sort of cooling loop is to blow into one of the copper pipes and see if the air comes out the other. If not then no idea what it is, if so then good chance it is for cooling.

Thanks cdbrown. Will email seller and get him to blow. :icon_cheers:

The copper tubes are for Glycol and the food grade plastic tubes are for, you guessed it, beer.

Copper is better for heat exchange than plastic!

Can't the seller just use the lips, suck and blow method?

I just recently pulled apart and rechromed and rekitted my font. The plastic lines were product and the brass were for glycol. The brass had a plastic hose attached on the inside of the font going furthur up the shaft into a T piece at the top then plastic hose off the T going accross the top section behind the taps - if that makes sence - thats the inlet side. The return is just a shorter brass pipe. They were soldered into a flange which was held in place by a large nut.

Hope that helps, but always worth checking...

Cheers

Sully

Is it this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JAMES-SQUIRE-BEER-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not withstanding if it is that item, the seller's comment - "DUE TO WEIGHT 6KG I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST
ITEM WILL BE PICK UP"

What a "soft-c@ck" that seller is! It's actually "rude", "offensive", "retarded" and very "in-bread" to say something like that about a 6Kg item in an eBay listing!

Aus Post will accept 20Kg items and the seller could be a bit creative in obtaining some styro vege boxes and packing tape next time at the "category killing" super market in down-town Belambi or Pt Kembla (what golden examples of chemically afflicted Aussie society those places are! (However, Hawko came from Pt Kembla I think! (the aussie Super model)))

Make sure you direct the seller to this post with your next communication and I can set "it" straight!

Is it this one?

Not withstanding if it is that item, the seller's comment - "DUE TO WEIGHT 6KG I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST
ITEM WILL BE PICK UP"

What a "soft-c@ck" that seller is! It's actually "rude", "offensive", "retarded" and very "in-bread" to say something like that about a 6Kg item in an eBay listing!

Aus Post will accept 20Kg items and the seller could be a bit creative in obtaining some styro vege boxes and packing tape next time at the "category killing" super market in down-town Belambi or Pt Kembla (what golden examples of chemically afflicted Aussie society those places are! (However, Hawko came from Pt Kembla I think! (the aussie Super model)))

Make sure you direct the seller to this post with your next communication and I can set "it" straight!
Your command of the English language is out standing, where are you from ? I want to move there.
:beerbang:
GB

Your command of the English language is out standing, where are you from ? I want to move there.
GB

I don't know where you are coming from!

I will assume and say my standard of "customer service" and wanting to get the most money for what I intend to sell by making it easy for people with money to spend it on my stuff dictates what I typed!

Surely putting such an item out for kerbside collection would be an easier way of getting the money that seller will get compared to it's true worth.

Why should people living in different geographical locations be discriminated against by ignoramus sellers when Aus Post is there to help at a very cheap price the buyers are willing to pay for, up-front? :icon_drunk:

I don't know where you are coming from!

I will assume and say my standard of "customer service" and wanting to get the most money for what I intend to sell by making it easy for people with money to spend it on my stuff dictates what I typed!

Surely putting such an item out for kerbside collection would be an easier way of getting the money that seller will get compared to it's true worth.

Why should people living in different geographical locations be discriminated against by ignoramus sellers when Aus Post is there to help at a very cheap price the buyers are willing to pay for, up-front? :icon_drunk:

you're just upset that you don't live where the guy is selling it...you want it don't you!

I wonder where the seller obtained that font...

you're just upset that you don't live where the guy is selling it...you want it don't you!

I actually would'nt want to live in that NSW drug capital of the "south coast" next to BHP steel mills. The main street of Wollongong has shop fronts where brothels now operate, same as Pt Kembla next door and Belambi is the true drug capital of the south coast, again, next door. Can you imagine raising your kids there!

I wouldn't mind owning the font, your correct, however, I could easily go to my local "Plumber supply" outlet and buy the copper and plastic fittings/couplers and make it myself for about the same money.

Another couple of things, I see that seller is using a phone camera for the "best quality" images ever and selling an old phone and wants to charge $22 postage for it. What a joke! I reckon $14 would be "the go"! Phone camera images deserve "phone camera" prices!

I'm one for morals and and a fair go for buyers!

GB

I think its Kevin Rudd.... noone else makes simple sentences sound so unnecessarily complicated. :huh:

I also had a quick look at that a few days ago until I saw "pick up only".
It would come up real nice with a spit and pollish and a couple of gold Ventmatics hanging off it.

Have another look guys as I can't see anywhere that states "pick-up only". It does say description "revised" :huh: .

Have another look guys as I can't see anywhere that states "pick-up only". It does say description "revised" :huh: .

Thanks Carbonator for "clearing the air"!

I sent the seller a message "Read what I have said about you." directed to this thread.

I got a reply, then the eBay revision happened!

Looks like "customer service" and some "enlightenment" "got the better" of the eBay seller.

Hell! If I had that happen to me, I would no longer be a "soft-c@ck", "rude", "offensive", "retarded" or an "in-bread" too!

I actually would'nt want to live in that NSW drug capital of the "south coast" next to BHP steel mills. The main street of Wollongong has shop fronts where brothels now operate, same as Pt Kembla next door and Belambi is the true drug capital of the south coast, again, next door. Can you imagine raising your kids there!

Mate, your geography is as lame as your rhetoric.

Thanks Carbonator for "clearing the air"!

I sent the seller a message "Read what I have said about you." directed to this thread.

I got a reply, then the eBay revision happened!

Looks like "customer service" and some "enlightenment" "got the better" of the eBay seller.

Hell! If I had that happen to me, I would no longer be a "soft-c@ck", "rude", "offensive", "retarded" or an "in-bread" too!

i'd hate to see you carry on about something that was actually worth carrying on about....

Is it this one?

ITEM WILL BE PICK UP"

Mate (and I use the term very loosely)
It is always very easy to sit in front of your computer and abuse people.
Obviously he made a mistake and has now corrected it.
try being a little bit more tolerant

Back