Font Mounted Counter Pressure Filler.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 48480 would be better to use a thicker gauge say 3 - 4 mm as this one only just pulls up to seal. Also the forks tend to spread after a while, just have to squash up in vice.
View attachment 48481
View attachment 48482
View attachment 48483
View attachment 48484 Pipe spacer

I guess it will depend on what bottles you intend to use but for me works well with Becks and Coopers tallies, can't see the rest of the crown seal type bottles being much different?

Claypot... what diameter was the washer when you started?

G'day HoppinMad. Can you go into a bit more detail of what you've got there?

Looks like you've machined a washer to fit loosely around the top of the bottle, and then you seal with an O Ring?

Cheers,

Clint

The white silicone o-ring is the one that comes with the CPBF. The black o-ring is one I had lying around which I put underneath the white o-ring. It slots in nicely and provides the extra thickness required to get a seal with the sparkling wine bottle. Works a treat. Haven't tried it with beer bottles but I prefer the look of sparkling wine bottles anyway!

Hey A F, I'm away from home 27mm rings a bell will post more detail when home tomorrow

Hey A F, I'm away from home 27mm rings a bell will post more detail when home tomorrow

Thanks for your reply.... a 20c piece is 28mm so I'm guessing this could also be made out of a 20c coin. Obviously if legalities are waved ;)

Sorry A F just measured mine and it is 37mm O.D, but you could go bigger ( say 2 - 3mm)
I wouldn't go much smaller though.
The washer I used was an odd size and was probably left over from some equipment. As I found it in one of my left over shit that is sure to be usfull one day boxes.

Thanks mate... obviously I haven't got my CPBF yet but know the ol' woman has one put away for me for Xmas :icon_cheers:

I have been inspired by thread so while I am keeping power up to you Queenslanders I found time to make these:

Some 316 stainless washers where about so I turned them down, bored them out and look what I have.

DSCF2424.JPG

It fits all crown seal bottles and I've made it a very neat fit on both the bottle and the filler.

DSCF2013.JPG

DSCF2014.JPG

As you can see I made a few extras if anyone wants one. Being made from stainless they will not bend or spread.

Batz

hi there batz,

any chance you can send one to port macquarie for me, im happy to pay postage and any extra you think one is worth.

cheers

I have been inspired by thread so while I am keeping power up to you Queenslanders I found time to make these:

Some 316 stainless washers where about so I turned them down, bored them out and look what I have.

View attachment 49446

It fits all crown seal bottles and I've made it a very neat fit on both the bottle and the filler.

View attachment 49447

View attachment 49448

As you can see I made a few extras if anyone wants one. Being made from stainless they will not bend or spread.

Batz

I'd be for in for one mate. Let us known the details and I'll get it sorted. Looking to bottle off a batch or 2 into champagne bottles.
Cheers :icon_cheers:

i'd love to put my hand up for one if you have any spares left. I'll send a PM

Would dearly love one, it would tip me over towards buying the cpbf. Happy to pay for it or will send some top quality Beef Jerky by return. B)

Pm coming

All spares are now gone.

Argon
Aus Rider
Florian
Keifer33
Thirsty Boy
Punkin

I'll send you a PM and you can then post me a self addressed envelope.

Batz

Too bloody slow! Oh well, will have to find some time at work to make a couple of these... Any ideas on dimensions Jeff?

Cheers

Too bloody slow! Oh well, will have to find some time at work to make a couple of these... Any ideas on dimensions Jeff?

Cheers

39 O.D. 26 I.D.

I maybe able to find a few more washers Nick, you just need to jump on a lathe for 5 mins.

Many thanks to Thirsty & Florian for all the great pics & info regarding the setting up of these babies. :icon_cheers:
Finished mine two weeks ago & it's just great. I've even made up my own 316 ss spacer for tallies no worries.
CPBF_1.JPG CPBF_2.JPG

TP

Many thanks to Thirsty & Florian for all the great pics & info regarding the setting up of these babies. :icon_cheers:
Finished mine two weeks ago & it's just great. I've even made up my own 316 ss spacer for tallies no worries.
View attachment 49478 View attachment 49480

TP

Looks good Pete.
I know I need one - now just have to convince SWMBO <_<
(I'll have to get up your way for a few samples off those taps as well).

Back