Font Mounted Counter Pressure Filler.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirsty Boy

ICB - tight shorts and poor attitude. **** yeah!
Reaction score
So,

I've been having a ******* of a time doing "quick" fills of bottles to take to parties etc etc. Pouring nothing but foam. I could dick around dropping the pressure etc, but by the time I do that I might as well bust out the CP filler. I want simple, fast, proper CP filling up on the outside of teh keggerator where its easy to get at.

I mulled over a number of potential designs for something I could mount on a font, or things I could fudge onto my existing taps - and made a mess testing one or two out - I decided to do some googling for inspiration and bugger me if I didn't find this.

imageMain_2_35.jpg

A font mountable CP filler.

From here: http://www.jbbrewsupplies.com.au/shop/view...mp;productid=35

It is as near as I can tell - a generic rip off of the Pegas font mounted CP filler from Russia. As detailed here. Watch the videos!!

http://beerinnovations.com/products/PET/pegas

If the Generic one is the same as the Pegas one, you can even screw a regular tap into the front of it and not lose a place on your tower.

So I bought it.

I have no idea whether its going to fit on my font, or whether its any damn good... but I'll take one for the AHB team and test the bugger out. Unless of course someone else already has and wants to let me know I should be calling on Monday morning and cancelling this order ASAP.

Cheers

Thirsty

someone did post that they had one mate cant remember who though

I'll be very interested in how this goes Thirsty, I know lots of brewers who have bought the other type sold by HBS, and most don't use them because it's just to much of a hassle.

Batz

I was going to buy one........but they only do pet bottles. It has been mentioned on the board before, apparently they are ok, but no one has adapted one to glass bottles yet

I have one as well, they can be used with some glass bottles, but not all.

I have one as well, they can be used with some glass bottles, but not all.

Well what do you think of it? What type of glass bottles will it work with? Is it worth the effort to use or is it better put away with the keg carbonating lid :p

Batz

It's one of those things I'm still trying to decide about Batz - I don't really think it's a necessary item as such. I bottle so infrequently that it's had very little use, not enough to say it's the next best thing to sliced bread - case swap bottling is about the only time I mess with it. I just like it because there's no yeast in the bottle - not a fan of the yeast layer :)

It's one of those things I'm still trying to decide about Batz - I don't really think it's a necessary item as such. I bottle so infrequently that it's had very little use, not enough to say it's the next best thing to sliced bread - case swap bottling is about the only time I mess with it. I just like it because there's no yeast in the bottle - not a fan of the yeast layer :)

Would it work with Grolsch swing tops?

Batz

Thanks - not sure how I missed that one.

everyone else too, I'll add my feedback when I've given it a run.

I have no doubt - that if its effective I'll be happy with it - I'm already a convert to CP filling... I'm just looking for a way to do it with a little less buggering about. I will simply use PETs till I have turned all my glass bottles over for ones that work in the filler I have. Any hints about which ones Wayne??

I use my CPBF which is attached to Tidal Pete's stand that he made, and it's a breeze but if you had to use it 'as is' you definitely need either four arms or an assistant. The font mounted one would be brilliant, all you need is a splitter to obtain a naked gas line to plug in for the counter pressure gas supply.

Edit: I wonder if it can be modded to replace that barb on the gas pipe (the skinny lower one presumably) with a John Guest fitting?

Unless I can get one to use with Grolsch swing tops I'm not interested. I have an absolute hatred of plastic PET bottles. I will never serve my beer from them, their so unbeery.

Batz

Ok, i just seen this thread

I reckon this is great i can bottle anytime as its permanently attched to my keggerator and easy to clean if you have a spare keg around.

It does only seem to do PET i have not found any glass bottles that fit yet, But i dont mind as i can bottle off the keg for comp or just to take a 6 to a party.

Great device

Kleiny

I believe that they only work with screw top bottles?
Happy to stand corrected though as this is what put me off buying one.

One advantage of the $99 CPBF is that you can cut a few assorted lengths of plastic tube to slip over the 'spear' to fit all your favourite glass bottles.

Unless I can get one to use with Grolsch swing tops I'm not interested. I have an absolute hatred of plastic PET bottles. I will never serve my beer from them, their so unbeery.

Batz

I am 99% sure I've seen a PET bottle with your batz brewery sticker on it!

Latest posts

Back