Fnq Chapter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNQ Bunyip

Non Pro Member
Reaction score
Well after being the only AG brewer north of townsvile on here things are looking up.

Enter DUFF, Duff moved to Port Douglas recently and invited me over this last saturday for a brewday , Thanks buddy , we also had Thommo visiting the north so it was a great way to spend the day watching Duff brew and drinking his awsome beers in and around the pool..
Thanks Mate...

Thommo hopefully made it back to sydney last night and I belive he has a couple of pics for posperity of the FNQ Chapter of AHBer's inaugural Brewday ..
I'm sure that there will be heeps more of these events in the comming months...This event has also spered me on and hopefully I can get my rig set up for this weekend.. although getting 15 bags of cement home from town and keeping them dry is proving bloody hard just ATM...

So we're away , I know biergeliebter is working on his AG kit but is also building a new house so it wont be too long and we will have 3 FNQ AG Brewers..
more the merryer as we can work together to beat the freight charges of liveing in paridise...

Anybody else up this way we don't know about?????????

Cheers and good too meet you both , hope you can come back sometime Thommo...

Well after being the only AG brewer north of townsvile on here things are looking up.

Enter DUFF, Duff moved to Port Douglas recently and invited me over this last saturday for a brewday , Thanks buddy , we also had Thommo visiting the north so it was a great way to spend the day watching Duff brew and drinking his awsome beers in and around the pool..
Thanks Mate...

Thommo hopefully made it back to sydney last night and I belive he has a couple of pics for posperity of the FNQ Chapter of AHBer's inaugural Brewday ..
I'm sure that there will be heeps more of these events in the comming months...This event has also spered me on and hopefully I can get my rig set up for this weekend.. although getting 15 bags of cement home from town and keeping them dry is proving bloody hard just ATM...

So we're away , I know biergeliebter is working on his AG kit but is also building a new house so it wont be too long and we will have 3 FNQ AG Brewers..
more the merryer as we can work together to beat the freight charges of liveing in paridise...

Anybody else up this way we don't know about?????????

Cheers and good too meet you both , hope you can come back sometime Thommo...

Congrats to the FNQ Chapter, when's the swap, maybe some of us Southerners can participate, now that would be different and fun.

Cheers Ned

Screwy

Something tells me Ned that brewdays will be a regular occurance from now on :beerbang: Picked some good weather too, pouring here now.

And we did discuss that Screwtop :p I have enough space in my shed with my mezzanine level to sleep at least 20 - 30, big brewday, fishing, ooh yeah :super:

Cheers Ned, taps are open anytime you are in town. You know that anyway. :party:

Congrats to the FNQ Chapter, when's the swap, maybe some of us Southerners can participate, now that would be different and fun.

Cheers Ned

Screwy

HI Screwy, are you volunteering to drive the bus,
A traveling AHB/Brotherhood progressive brew trip.. get on and off as you please .

B) :lol:

this was disscussed at some lenght if I recall corectly, would be good to see a you guys in the north.

Give us a cooee if your coming north and we can plan a day or 2 brewing or drinking....

cheers

ned

Ned & Duff, I'd like to put my name down as your authorised representative in Landsborough.

Good on you guys. It's would be great to have a swap up there one day!

Cheers,

InCider.

HI Screwy, are you volunteering to drive the bus,
A traveling AHB/Brotherhood progressive brew trip.. get on and off as you please .

B) :lol:

this was disscussed at some lenght if I recall corectly, would be good to see a you guys in the north.

Give us a cooee if your coming north and we can plan a day or 2 brewing or drinking....

cheers

ned

Might have to offer my services for another stint of resort management in Port. Last was three resorts in 06, hate work, swore I wouldn't do it again.

BUT, a brewday and get togethers, and great beer.....weeeeeel. Sorry Ned I fly in - fly Out so no can do the pick up and drop off thing. Bet a few could be coaxed into making the trip!

Screwy

Well now I am planning a visit....look out :beer:

batz

Batz ,Jye ,Screwy and Incider what a bunch , would be good too see any of you guys up here.. and any others as well..

Sure we can work somthing out if any of you do make the journey north..

Cheers

Thanks for the great hospitality as always Duff. And good meeting you Ned.

The Pics are coming.

I spent a bit too much money up in Port Douglas so I haven't been able to sneak away and sit myself down in front of the computer. Still groveling to the misses. Hopefully I will get a chance on the weekend.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Sorry Fixa , your not realy FNQ, and a 10 hr drive is not just down the road either. I would love to come and have a couple of brews with you some day .. and your allways welcome to drop in up here..maybe you could fly up for a weekend , I'll do airport transfers..

cheers

Of course you could always meet half way. ;)

Brewers always welcome in Townsville.

Berp.

Might need a jacket. It'll be getting cold in Far North Queenbeyan. :lol:

Thanks to Thommo for posting the pics in the gallery.

A few quickies:

The Bunyip manning the webber.

Ned.jpg

The Bunyip and yours truly.

Ned_and_Duff.jpg

Thommo and The Bunyip relax in the pool with a cold ale.

Ned_and_Thommo.jpg

Cheers.

I finally uploaded the photos of this day to the Gallery.

For those who haven't met any of us, FNQ Bunyip is the bearded one, Duff is wearing the white T-shirt, and I'm the bloke who looks like a Pommy tourist with the pink shoulders in the pool.

Thanks again Duff and Ned for a great day, and some great beer. I'll start earning brownie points so I can fly up for the next brew day!!!!

Cheers,
Thommo.

Not sure how to link to the gallery, will fiddle with it when I get home from work tonight.

You bastards! :p That looks awesme - straight from keg to gun to glass, while in pool. Wicked stuff.

Nice shirt ned!

Back