Big Brew Day 2009 Far North Queensland - Hosted By The Dag's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
FNQ Brewers,

With Big Brew Day coming up, I think it would be a good opportunity to get together and spend the day brewing and drinking beer. A couple of years ago in Sydney, I hosted at our place with 7 brewers attending from the Hills Brewers Guild, linky.

With a few more brewers emerging from around the far north, why don't we get together.

This years receipes can be found in this thread.

As FNQ Bunyip and Thommo can attest, I have a big shed which will fit a number of brewers easy. BBQ and dip in the pool to finish the day.

I'll also get in touch with Hayden at Bluesky Brewery and see if he would like to attend as he was keen to come up for a brewday at some stage. Hopefully he'll bring a keg or two :p

Let me know if you are keen. List your names below.

Cheers.

1. Duff

Woohoo

Yes Yes Yes , I'm In ...
I'll Work on a Big Mash tun Duff.. ;)

1. Duff
2. FNQ Bunyip

With gravel? :lol:

I forgot to list the date, Saturday May 2nd.

I'll register us online.

Cheers.

Duff I am really keen but will have to confirm with you next week.
If it's ok by you, I will let some others know about the get together.

:beer:

Terry

FNQ Brewers,

With Big Brew Day coming up, I think it would be a good opportunity to get together and spend the day brewing and drinking beer. A couple of years ago in Sydney, I hosted at our place with 7 brewers attending from the Hills Brewers Guild, linky.

With a few more brewers emerging from around the far north, why don't we get together.

As FNQ Bunyip and Thommo can attest, I have a big shed which will fit a number of brewers easy. BBQ and dip in the pool to finish the day.

I'll also get in touch with Hayden at Bluesky Brewery and see if he would like to attend as he was keen to come up for a brewday at some stage. Hopefully he'll bring a keg or two :p

Cheers.

1. Duff
2. Cairns Brewer

With gravel? :lol:

I forgot to list the date, Saturday May 2nd.

I'll register us online.

Cheers.

With Gravel and maybe a Swiss Vollie bag ... If you think its the go , what say you??

Dates good ....

Cheers

I'm sure thats will be fine CB ..

But lets not start dropping names of the list ...

1. Duff
2. FNQ Bunyip
3. Cairns Brewer

Cheers

With Gravel and maybe a Swiss Vollie bag ... If you think its the go , what say you??

Dates good ....

Cheers

Are we talking of the big mash tun which we have discussed before?

If so, then gravel and a bag liner might be our only choice.

Cairns Brewer - hope you can make it.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Great idea, count the tablelanders in.

Just signed up in this forum yesterday and still can't work it out. Hope this works!

4. Mattbrewer and co

Great idea, count the tablelanders in.

Just signed up in this forum yesterday and still can't work it out. Hope this works!

4. Mattbrewer and co

Good stuff Matt. Let me know a final number in the next week or so.

Cheers.

1. Duff
2. FNQ Bunyip
3. Cairns Brewer
4. Mattbrewer and Co.

Sounds like A great idea, Duff. But since I am travelling a lot between now and then, I will have to OK it with SWMBO. And for that, I will need to pick my time carefully. Will let you know.

Berp.

Hey Berp , would be good too see you visit...Bring Swmbo along and make somthing "Special" out of it ...

Cheers

Standby...... Domestic negotiations in progress.

Her... " You mean you want to drink beer,all day..."

Him..."Yes!"

Her..." Hrrruuummppphhhh!"

Growler........(grovel...grovel...grovel) :(

Duff I cant wait but am rostered on to work but hope I can still make it.

FNQ Brewers,

Cheers.

1. Duff
2. Wursty

Standby...... Domestic negotiations in progress.

Her... " You mean you want to drink beer,all day..."

Him..."Yes!"

Her..." Hrrruuummppphhhh!"

Growler........(grovel...grovel...grovel) :(

Didn't she have a day in port recently ??? ;)
Must be your turn..

Cheers

Well I am thinking of bringing a BIAB setup along as well as my rig ... If there is any interest in doing a biab on the day sing out and I'll bring it along as well..

cheers

Cheers.

Guys, we made a 140L tun and used a bag liner and gravel for a big brew day. I'll try to dig up the link, but for your reference, forget the bag liner - it just complicated the process!

Cheers - Mike

Thanks Zoom ,,, I remember that topic , Well some of it I think...

Not Looking good for the TUN I had in mind Duff , Will put my thinking hat back on ???

Cheers

1. Duff
2. FNQ Bunyip
3. Cairns Brewer
4. Mattbrewer and Co.
5. Wursty

Bumpity bump bump

Sorry Ned,

Rostered to work and the wife is pregnant. Busy times. Thanks for the invite and hope everyone enjoys the day!

Prost and happy brewing to everyone.

BGL

Back