The Dag Brewday - Port Douglas, Qld

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duff

Worst Website Ever....
Reaction score
G'day all,

The DAG's (Daintree All Grain) had a little get together today with the 2 founding members, FNQ Bunyip and yours truly at my place in Port Douglas.

Ned showed off his welding skills with his little number he has knocked together which, miraculously, fits nicely on the tray of his Landcruiser :p Well measured mate.

Anyway, we haven't brewed together for around 6 months when Thommo was our guest for the day, so again in perfect FNQ weather we punched out a couple of fine ales. An ESB for me and an awesome smelling Smoked Porter for Ned. The day topped off again with a couple Murray's 2IPA's in the pool.

The DAG's intend to get together for another brewday in December, so any AHB'ers in the area are more than welcome to join in. Just let one of us know.

Some piccys of Ned's setup at my place. None of mine as it is not up to scratch with his Tower of Power :lol:

Cheers.

1. Ned doughing in the smoked porter.

DAG_Brewday_001.jpg

2. Sparge runoff into the kettle

DAG_Brewday_002.jpg

3. Ned's Tower of Power

DAG_Brewday_003.jpg

4. Runoff to cubes.

DAG_Brewday_005.jpg

5. Planning a brewday? Just dial 1800 BUNYIP and he'll be there!! :lol:

DAG_Brewday_006.jpg

Looks like a great brewday Duff. Good to see you backing up after a brewday with Phrak last weekend.
I knocked out 3 cubes of summer ale today with another HBG member checking out AG for the first time.

Would love to make December, but I think my chance are minimal to negative on that one.

Doc

Shit thats great! DAGS brewing in FNQ and a mobile brewery to boot. Good on you blokes takin AG brewing to the tropics, thanks for the pics.

Screwy

Thanks too Duff for a great day and wonderfull beers too sample all day ....

You have a good brewing venue and too sit in the pool after a brew day was just what its all about ...

Will have a few of mine ready for our December day...

Cheers

Good to see our Brothers in the Far North getting together and into the spirit. Ned, the rig looks great mate.

cheers

Browndog

Looks superb.. Now I have seen Meals on Wheels but that beats the lot. :super:

Still looks a bit 'Dr Who' for a K&Bits brewer though :icon_cheers:

Thanks Browndog , looking forward too haveing a beer with you at the swap mate ..

Tropical Brews : love the meals on wheels analogy , LOl ... You must be on the way if your doing kits &Bits thats more than Kit&Kilo , we need more All Grainers in the north ....head on down too spotlight grab a bit of swiss voille , knock up a BIAB bag and join the darkside , the rig can come later ... I maybe able too help with a boiler if your interested...

Cheers

Thanks Browndog , looking forward too haveing a beer with you at the swap mate ..

Tropical Brews : love the meals on wheels analogy , LOl ... You must be on the way if your doing kits &Bits thats more than Kit&Kilo , we need more All Grainers in the north ....head on down too spotlight grab a bit of swiss voille , knock up a BIAB bag and join the darkside , the rig can come later ... I maybe able too help with a boiler if your interested...

Cheers

Ha Ha funny you should mention cloth picked up some fine mesh type material for the princly sum of $3.00 a metre downtown Cairns the other week.

I am just a migrant worker so spend only a short amount of time in FNQ at any given time so K&K and K&Bits is all I can really manage at present.

At least got the internet to keep tracks on all the goings on up here.

Cheers keep up the good work.

Hey Duff - great pics mate! Great to see Ned's 'portable' rig being ported too. :super:

I'll be up in March for a week for a wedding, and will want to meet up with the DAGs for a beer or two. :icon_cheers:

Cheer,

InCider.

I'll be up in March for a week for a wedding, and will want to meet up with the DAGs for a beer or two. :icon_cheers:

Cheer,

InCider.

Now why does that sound dangerous? :party:

Hopefully not too much rain then so the Daintree River is passable. We noted yesterday that the thickness of steel Ned has used will certainly stand up to a cyclone. The house might blow away, but at least the brewery will still be fine :D

Cheers.

Cheers

Looking forward to that too mate, make sure you bring a few samples of FNQ AG with you Ned.

Cheers

Browndog

Now why does that sound dangerous? :party:

Hopefully not too much rain then so the Daintree River is passable. We noted yesterday that the thickness of steel Ned has used will certainly stand up to a cyclone. The house might blow away, but at least the brewery will still be fine :D

Cheers.

Tropical Cyclone InCider will be chaperoned by the one and only all powerful and sexy TC Mrs InCider. When a cold front develops that's the mother in law, but she's not going to be within a cooee of the DAGs! :super:

I have a packed itinerary, but when TC Mrs InCider lets be know what the feck that is, I'll let the DAGs know to see if we can slot something in. Worst case scenario is that you'll give me your home numbers so I can call you at 1am and let you know I'm drunk and at the wedding reception. It's not ideal, but works :lol:

TC InCider.

We should all catch the train up there sometime guys

Brew day in the north,by train,what a hoot :icon_chickcheers:

Batz

G'day all,

The DAG's (Daintree All Grain) had a little get together today with the 2 founding members, FNQ Bunyip and yours truly at my place in Port Douglas.

Ned showed off his welding skills with his little number he has knocked together which, miraculously, fits nicely on the tray of his Landcruiser :p Well measured mate.

Anyway, we haven't brewed together for around 6 months when Thommo was our guest for the day, so again in perfect FNQ weather we punched out a couple of fine ales. An ESB for me and an awesome smelling Smoked Porter for Ned. The day topped off again with a couple Murray's 2IPA's in the pool.

The DAG's intend to get together for another brewday in December, so any AHB'ers in the area are more than welcome to join in. Just let one of us know.

Some piccys of Ned's setup at my place. None of mine as it is not up to scratch with his Tower of Power :lol:

Cheers.

Nuthin like throwing the entire rig on the ute for a brewday, next time I think... 'shit, i don't feel like stuffing around in the shed to do a brew' .. I'll remember the effort you blokes put in :beer:

tell you what, I'd be in a trip up north to have a beer with these blokes :icon_cheers:

Cheers
Yard

Your All welcome, even you incider... TC Incider central pressure 666hp ....Haha ...

Like the train trip idea , load up a brew rig and do a sunlander ale in the gaurds van on the way , with Qrail it could well be ready too drink by the time you all arive haha ...

Yardy : its not too much effort too load up and brew anywhere , just need a water tank under the tray of my old ute and it could be anywhere at all ...

I'm fecking coming - especially after I read this article: :super:

A notorious Queensland nudist resort is planning a month of sex parties and rainforest "orgies" in a bid to boost flagging tourist numbers.

from the Courier Mail...
Nudist link

I'm fecking coming - especially after I read this article: :super:

A notorious Queensland nudist resort is planning a month of sex parties and rainforest "orgies" in a bid to boost flagging tourist numbers.

from the Courier Mail...
Nudist link

Damn! I've booked my trip to Port Douglas for early April. :angry:

Great pics Duff.
Once again it looks like you have some great bloke space at your new house.
I think I might have to go do a welding course at South West Tafe.
It take it that Ned started Movember a little earlier than the rest of us B)
Cheers
Gerard

Back