First Time Racked To Secondary...super Scary!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt89

Reaction score
Just finished my first ever racking, was a scary task that's for sure. I ended up with 19L from a 23L batch as I couldn't get the siphon to work the last bit and was to scared of oxidizing. Hopefully it turns out all well I'll be using gelatine finings aswell, it is a amarillo weizen that smells amazing ATM with a hint of bananas coming thru it, super excited for next weekend!

Just to help clean it up a bit, understandable it will be hazy thou

Don't bother with finings at all with a weizen, tbh
it'll strip flavours if anything

oh really? maybe not then! n00b to it all so learning atm :)

Brewing in a carboy? If not, bugger the siphon. Silicone tube onto tap. Too easy. :)

Racking is the super scariest thing I have ever done. Hope you are OK after the traumatic experience. Like, OMG, your super exciting next weekend will be a terrifying one for sure.

I've gelatined and filtered weizens before. In the past I've got to the bottom of a keg of hefe (and it's fully cleared) and really enjoyed the kristall - a bit more subdued.

No harm in adding finings to a hefeweizen.

Racking is the super scariest thing I have ever done. Hope you are OK after the traumatic experience. Like, OMG, your super exciting next weekend will be a terrifying one for sure.

I jumped from an aeroplane a few years ago and it had nothing on my first racking experience. Racking just freaked me the **** right out....

I just ate a white tail spider.

9a2b21.jpg

I jut watched the human centipede (first sequence) again. Sooooo ******* scary.

the-human-centipede-first-sequence-diagram-3.jpg

Are you the one on the right in the diagram?

It's hard relying on other people at the best of times.

I just racked some guys socks ...run that shit!

ah yes, three days.

Harry will do that to you.

Latest posts

Back