First Time Lager Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tillbilly

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive recently gotten a temp controlled fermenting environment set up via an stc-1000 and an old fridge. Currently brewing an ale and a cider in there, but pondering my next batch. The obvious thing for summer is a lager or a pilsener -

I was wondering if anyone could give me a pointer to a killer lager recipe - based on their experiences - I`ve got a fair grasp of ales at least in my own miond, but i`d like to brew up a cracker lager for christmas.

I was even toying tith the iddea of doing 2 batches in quick succession and creating an 'aussie' session lager and something resembling (scuse spelling) kostritzer ala german club brisbane. I think its a dark lager. Anyways Im happy to experiement the dark lager, but can you share any experiences/guidance it creating a tasty aussie style session lager. Carlton draught on tap i reckon is ok, i`d hop out more than POR ( avoid it completely ) but yeah something tasty. This is all-grain with a palmer inspired esky tun / stock pot set up.

cheerio, anyone who has been following the forum closely - I`m sipping my first AG EKG porter right now - damn its good.

I made this recipe a few weeks ago and in the keg cold conditioning it is looking really nice!

Four Star's Asian Style Lager

I made a few slight changes (used saaz and wyeast 2007) but you will see his recipe has great reviews and is sure to be a hit with most beer drinkers!

Back