First Time Hopper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Other One

Reaction score
Hi Brewers,
ATM, I have a pilsener that has been racked at day six and is still fermenting well.

At my LHBS today, purchased a packet of Morgans finishing hops, Saaz, and was wondering after this is prepped and added to the wort will there be a need to add some yeast, or will the yeast that is left suffice?

Cheers, Ivan. :icon_cheers:

don't worry about extra yeast, there will be plenty in the fermenting beer.

Hops are not directly relative to yeast, they are only a flavouring, and are not fermentable. You can relax in this regard.

Thanks Bizier,
It seems that the intructions on the hop packet must relate to the hops being added at the initial brewing stage.
Sure threw this K&K novice a curve ball.
Cheers :beer:

Thanks Bizier,
It seems that the intructions on the hop packet must relate to the hops being added at the initial brewing stage.
Sure threw this K&K novice a curve ball.
Cheers :beer:
I have never bought hops this way before. What are the instructions?

I often add hops two days before bottling. I use pellets but the tea bag principle would be the same.
250ml of boiled water. Put in teabag and "steep" for 10 to 15 mins.
If adding at the brew stage, drop the whole lot into the fermenter before pitching the yeast.
If adding two days before bottling, cool the "tea" to fermenter temp, open the lid and pour in.
Great way to add hop fragrances to your brew.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back