First time brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLG

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I''ve just brewed my first batch, and kegged it the other day, hopefully it will be ready to drink in a couple of weeks. Couple of mistakes made along the way, but still hopeful it will turn out alright. Anyway I'm looking forward to learning a lot and brewing good beer.

Well done. I'm a fairly new brewer and remember just how awesome it feels to get your first brew done!

What'd you brew?

Larger, the hardest part is waiting, but I heard the longer it's kegged for the better it will taste?????? Maybe I should try it now and again in a couple of weeks LOL.

Welcome to world of endless questions and choices,if you kegged your brew a couple of days ago its ready to drink now.
Check out the forced carbonation thread as well as the other kegging threads.
Go on pour a coldy and enjoy.
Cheers...spog....

Thanks Spog, I after reading your reply I told the cook that to look out cos I'm trying this brew, half a dozen pints in, not sure what the % is but it's rocked me! Tastes a little flat but worth the effort, can only get better..

JLG said:
Thanks Spog, I after reading your reply I told the cook that to look out cos I'm trying this brew, half a dozen pints in, not sure what the % is but it's rocked me! Tastes a little flat but worth the effort, can only get better..
I might have some concerns for your health if half a dozen pints didn't "rock" you. that is approx 3 litres of beer there.

Hahaha. I love your style. "Tastes a little flat, I better have six".

I try not to taste my kegs for at least a week and have found giving them two to be even better. I just set and forget pressure and don't force carb.

Been brewing for a while now. Best advice I can give is to get on board beersmith. Fantastic program and let's you get your beer right every time as well as keeping records.

Thanks for the advice everyone, my wife said it might have been the the stubbies I was drinking before trying my brew that got me a little wobbly. Any how, I have away for just over a week, so I'll be interested to see how it's going. Should be about two weeks, from when I kegged, before I get into the second one. Once again thanks for the advice, I'm sure I'll make plenty of mistakes along the way.

Just an update on my first beer batch, all my friends that tried it, said that it was pretty good, I thought it was pretty good cos I drunk both kegs, anyway, has anyone tried to brew an "Asahi Super Dry" clone? I'm still trying to work out the terminology used in brewing and working out my past mistakes. Cheers everyone for the advice.

Latest posts

Back