First(second) Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Gommers

Reaction score
Did my second all grain today, first was a total disaster, rather not talk about it, lol, will post picks of my set up later, All went well, didnt even think about effiecency and what not. Just tried to make beer the old way. Loved it. Lets hope the beer tastes ok.

Ian "Thirstybunyip"

Did my second all grain today, first was a total disaster, rather not talk about it, lol, will post picks of my set up later, All went well, didnt even think about effiecency and what not. Just tried to make beer the old way. Loved it. Lets hope the beer tastes ok.

Ian "Thirstybunyip"

Good stuff,

So..........................what did you make, recipe etc..........c'mon??????????????????

Screwy

yes, wanna see some pics of our set-up please. im with screwy also, post your recipe!

No pictures = it didn't happen!! Come on...post!

Hi guys, made a Sticklebract ale.

3kg pilsner
0.2kg wheat malt
1.5kg vienna

10g sticklebract 60min
10g sticklebract 30min
20g sticklebract 0min

P30_01_10_11.24.JPG

Hi guys, made a Sticklebract ale.

3kg pilsner
0.2kg wheat malt
1.5kg vienna

10g sticklebract 60min
10g sticklebract 30min
20g sticklebract 0min

Thanks TB, have never used Sticklebract, lets know what it's like.

Screwy

Nice work- slightly OT question, what is the stuff you have sealed the roof of your shed to the frame with? The reason I ask, is that I have just put together a brewing shed in the house we've just moved to (haven't been able to bew since November :( ) and am trying to think of a way to seal the roof- particularly where the corrugated bits join the frame.

Thanks

Remi

Nice work- slightly OT question, what is the stuff you have sealed the roof of your shed to the frame with? The reason I ask, is that I have just put together a brewing shed in the house we've just moved to (haven't been able to bew since November :( ) and am trying to think of a way to seal the roof- particularly where the corrugated bits join the frame.

Thanks

Remi

looks like expander foam (or similar) to me...

Love the bucket'o'death sitting up nice and high.

Please tell me that top platform is really well bolted and secured.

Love the bucket'o'death sitting up nice and high.

Please tell me that top platform is really well bolted and secured.

Ha! Blutac mate, best stuff ever!................Nar welded in place. Monkey test all my welds.

Currently sipping away at my first successful AG (Sticklebract Ale). Although it does seem to show signs of initial fermentation being too high, no infection HOO RAA!!, it's definately drinkable. In fact, quite enjoyable.

Brewing something English tomorrow,

3.85kg TF Golden Promise
0.23kg Carapils
0.23kg Crystal 60L
0.23kg Choc Malt

20g Fuggles 60min
20g Styrian Goldings 60min
15g Fuggles 30min
15g Styrian Goldings 30min
7g Fuggles 0min
7g Styrian Goldings 0min

Wyeast 1187 Ringwood Ale

This will be my first time using liquid yeast, so exciting!

ThirstyBunyip

Currently sipping away at my first successful AG (Sticklebract Ale). Although it does seem to show signs of initial fermentation being too high, no infection HOO RAA!!, it's definately drinkable. In fact, quite enjoyable.

Brewing something English tomorrow,

3.85kg TF Golden Promise
0.23kg Carapils
0.23kg Crystal 60L
0.23kg Choc Malt

20g Fuggles 60min
20g Styrian Goldings 60min
15g Fuggles 30min
15g Styrian Goldings 30min
7g Fuggles 0min
7g Styrian Goldings 0min

Wyeast 1187 Ringwood Ale

This will be my first time using liquid yeast, so exciting!

ThirstyBunyip

Glad the Sticklebract turned out well, what's your impression of this hop flavour/aroma?

Lot of Choc!
With 10% cara/crystal in your UK Bitter be sure to aerate the wort well using Ringwood, and again 12 hrs after pitching, but not after high Krausen. Fuggles and Styrian............Mmmm.........mmm

Cheers,

Screwy

Brew day went great! 20lts of something dark and wonderfull sitting in the fermenter, forgot to smack my smack-pack last night so it got smacked this morning, didn't know what hit it, lol. Had WAAAAYYY too many Sticklebract ales, all I can say is "well drinkable tap booze" not over the top but juuuuuussst roight.

Please forgive my slightly enebriated (sp) ramblings.

Back