First Coopers Pale Ale Brew Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrTwalky said:
There's some good advice in this thread Matty. It is a steep learning curve when you first start but it gets easier. Soon you'll be asked 'how do you make beer?' and you'll realise that you can't answer that question without explaining a thousand other things on the way.

Immerse yourself in the hobby and find people that brew to hang out with, its a great way to learn and share skills. BREW BREW BREW like a maniac!!!

P.S: I so glad you weren't put off home brewing after your first attempt, there are so many people who are and then bad mouth home brew for the rest of their lives having never tasted good quality brews.

Happy Brewing!
Haha the reason I wasnt put off was because I spent so much money building a keezer lol Ive tried mates homebrew on tap and it tasted grate so knew I would be able to make some better stuff :)

ok took a reading and its @ 1.020, according to IanH's spreadsheet i should be getting 1.017 should i wait a few more days today is day 16

Just wait until your OG has been stable for three days and it's done. Your maltodextrin would have added a bit to your FG but I wouldn't have thought that it added that much... maybe your yeast has just petted out from such a high OG. Either way if the FG is stable there's not a lot you can do but add more yeast if you're that keen to drop it by 4 points.

Back