First All Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam2584

Reaction score
Been doing alot of reading and watching of you tube started to slowly bulid a 3 tier brewary but I am at a loss as to what to brew first I downloaded the try vervison of beer smith and got more confussed as Im not a computer person lol just wandering if anyone has a great first timer recipe in step to step format for a all grain noob like myself

thanks all in advance

Been doing alot of reading and watching of you tube started to slowly bulid a 3 tier brewary but I am at a loss as to what to brew first I downloaded the try vervison of beer smith and got more confussed as Im not a computer person lol just wandering if anyone has a great first timer recipe in step to step format for a all grain noob like myself

thanks all in advance

ESB the sponsor above has a standard ale recipe step by step..that was the first one i tried..easy to follow
and you can play with it to your taste.. :icon_cheers:

Any highly rated recipe in the database above will be crackers - it really depends on what you like to drink!

+1 for raven... Tell us what you like to drink, what you would buy at the bottle? Should be easy to narrow it down for one of the db recipes for your first.

Good luck and don't stress too much for your first AG.
Cheers.

Any highly rated recipe in the database above will be crackers - it really depends on what you like to drink!

GDay
thanks for the replys I sort of like pale ale beers am like fat yak, cascade pale ale I am sort of confused as how much water when as it will be me first after i get all the equipement sorted out tought I would start planning it now so when it all up and ready to go I sorta know what i am doing lol

cheers again everyone
will post pictures when I get some more stuff bulit and finerly decide on gas or electric useing temp control from fridge for the HLT lol

You can't go wrong with the Good Doctors' Golden Ale (DrSmurto's golden Ale) or Tony's Little Creatures (LCBA) brew.

And these two conveniently the most highly rated beers on the database.

Thanks all to the replys I have and will keep reading the brewary is slowly takeing place now to design my mash tun
thanks again

Thanks all to the replys I have and will keep reading the brewary is slowly takeing place now to design my mash tun
thanks again

For my first AG brew I did a basic pale ale. I deliberately picked a recipe that was as simple as possible but that would produce a good result. I'm a stovetop brewer so the batch size is half the usual. Here's the recipe I used:

Batch Size: 12L

Simple Pale Ale:

3kg pale malt

200g crystal malt (60)

Bittering hops: Northern Brewer (20g@60)

Aromatic hops: Goldings (20g@10)

Yeast: Danstar Safale US-05

Another thing I'd suggest is to have a brew day running list of all the things that need to be done, and then check them off as you do them.

Cheers,

Chris

Back