First all grain smash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yola

Reaction score
Just picked up my robo brew and this is my first all grain any suggestions? Have nelson sav hops at going for a nz style. I do have Amarillo possibly enough for this too.
Should I dry hop?
Any advice asap as I will be starting in a few hours.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1487976924.891620.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1487976938.251133.jpg

Welcome to all grain brewing mate!!

Recipe will give you a nice easy drinking beer.

Best this to do for your first all grain beer is take lots of notes, so you know where you made your mistakes, and what problems you ran into during the brew.

Also, don't expect to get it perfect first time. It takes a few brews to dial in your gear and processes, and you can over or undershoot your gravities quite easily (both of those are easily fixed with some LDME or water depending on which way you go).

Also, don't crack your first beer until the boil starts. You don't want to get too Schindler's during the early stages and forget to add something or mess up your timings.

Most importantly of all, enjoy the process!

JD

Looks good. Would be interested to get a full report on how the robo performed. Dry hopping might be a bit OTT for NS.

Thanks guys! Def wait until the boil before I put beer in my face! Yeah was just talking to a mate about dry hopping not going to as I don't think it will need it. Yeah just chasing a easy to drink beer with some different hops.

Looks nice,
I regularly do an all nelson brew over summer, I also add 3-5%wheat to give nice creamy head but then it wouldn't be a smash.

I do my receipe, in both ale with us05 and also lager version with s189, both come up great, I do like my lager version a tad better.

Great hop

Thanks coldspace, how does the hop additions look as I have heard that it's a unique flavour.

Hey mate,
I do 15 at 60
15g at 15
Then 40 into wirlpool once temp drops to 95 and steep for 10 mins then into cube. Temp usually into cube about 88. Cube into the swimming pool straight away.

Bit of a crowd favourite around here latley. Some prefer the us05 at 19 degrees, some like the s189 at 12 degrees.
Good easy drinking beers that the ladies also like...

Ah cool so I did
15g @ 60
20@ 15
15@ 0 wirlpool
Sounds tasty.
What's your other fav beers to make?

Yola said:
Ah cool so I did
15g @ 60
20@ 15
15@ 0 wirlpool
Sounds tasty.
What's your other fav beers to make?
Too many to list lol
Smurtos range in the data base are great
I've got a nice IPA
Irish reds stouts etc

And on and on and on, the hobby is endless....

Latest posts

Back