Finding a recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kierent

Reaction score
Hi all
about a year ago I did a grain order based on a bock recipe I'm sure I found on here. I can't for the life of me figure out now how to search for recipes in the RecipeDB. If I do a search for bock it comes up with any thread post containing that word. If I search just the Recipe discussion thread it comes up with threads that discuss a particular recipe, but there's no link to that recipe.

I know in the Recipe section there's a whole heap of recipes, but there's no Bock section and there's no search function specific to the recipes that I can see. What am I missing?

Ive never brewed one, but am pretty sure a Bock is a lager...did you try looking under that style?

Yep, you're right it is a lager and I've gone through the recipes there, but i'm thinking surely there's a way to search the recipes? Maybe not. I thought there used to be.

Or go to Google and type" ahb recipe bock"

Unfortunately the db is in a transient state. Has been close to defunct for a few years, just starting to get it towards workable now but searching/finding is a nightmare.
Any other clues you might have? Whose recipe was it, etc, etc?

The way i search forums is to use Google Advanced Search, have a bookmark for it on the tool bar........
You only need to use 3 of the lines
"all the words" i put "Bock"
"site or domain" you always use http://aussiehomebrewer.com/%C2 or any forum address for other sites
"terms appearing" the drop down list has "in the title of the page" and only when i go no links or only 1 or 2 do i change to "anywhere in the page"
I go 79 results for page title but you can see some are Questions......

MickJ

Why did the site address not get into my post...............
Use the site address ie aussie home brewer.com

MickJ

Kierent did you happen to post in the what are you brewing thread by any chance it could be in there??

Thanks everyone for your help.

Dicko, my ingredients look pretty close to the recipe in your 2nd link that QuantumBrewer has put in from the book great brews of the world. I'm going to shoot for basically that, just make my own exact recipe in beermate. Tahoose, I didn't post in what I'm brewing, but good thinking. i will have to do that when I put this one down.

Thanks again everyone, Manticle I can't remember who's recipe it was but I will try MickJ's method in future.

Cheers

Back