Finally Win Against Fosters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benedicte

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We finally win!

After that unfair change in the Fosters' bottle format to 330ml without changing the price, Fosters finally decided to change back for the original australian size 375ml!

Tasmanian will be the first to get back to the good size, however mainland will have to wait till 2009! They'll continue to make money on it, yes because Tasminian got the chance to have the price decreased and they will be the first to have back the original size! In the mean time we will stay continue paying the price for smaller one until 2009.

Here is the summary of the decision published in Sunshine Coat Finda:
Beer drinkers claim victory over Fosters

who the hell drinks that crap - the smaller the bottle the better <_<

Cafe Late corporate types trying to impress other corporate types visiting Aus on business trip expenses! Also O/S people trying and failing to be like Aussies in their own country (they mus'nt be very proud to be from their own country if they have to drink that crap)!

you guys do know its about cascade brewery (owned by fosters). did you read the article?

yes,

I hate cascade but for some reason it is talked about like some brewing goddess - but then again, it does come from TAS........

^^^ tried a recent cascade first harvest by any chance? sensational.

That is pretty harsh language from someone who seemed to be a bit of a megaswill defender previously.

Or is that only when your dad's company is involved (Lion Nathan)?

Big advertising budget does NOT mean it's a good product, good value or you will save money!

Let's tell it like it is and I hope the big advertising budget corporations do go down! I know it will mean job losses, but who cares if 5 people monitoring robots in big cities loose their job. They will find work in a big city! Life goes on!

Drunken rant I know, but alcohol is cheap when I make it myself!

+ 1 for Cascade First Harvest, I bought a few 6 packs of this years batch and it was great !

But yea, the Fosters company has a heap of beers under it's all-powerful corporate monopoly, including imports, RTD's and popular spirits. The brand name Fosters is probably the weakest seller in Australia. I haven't even seen it consumed in pubs - so much for the reputation it has overseas as being an Aussie icon.........

In the very early 90's I remember having a few, and it was not only a bad drop, but quite a strange carbonation - kind of like pepsi compared to coke.

Fosters: In the Wikipedia article, about two years ago, I wrote the sections "History" and "Australian Market" and someone else inserted that list of popular beers. Article is UK-centric and is really about Fosters as an international beer rather than the original Oz drop but there's not much history available about our local variant.

What really annoys me is that about four or five years ago, Fosters Group tallies went to 800ml as opposed to everyone else's 750.

<confession>

I actually don't mind the odd tallie of Melbourne Bitter when I'm out and about, and note that they have all gone back to 750ml and a slightly more 'swan neck' bottle shape. No price drop of course.

</confession>

Back