Filtering Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melinda

Reaction score
G'day Men,
What is the best way to filter into bottles? I filter my beer into kegs by going from one keg into another keg via the filter. This time I want to bottle a Belgium Tripel for winter, but put it into bottles. Mt 2 questions are:
1. What is the best way to get it through the filter and into the bottles?
2. If I filter a lot of the yeast out, will there be enough in the beer for the sugar in the bottle to react and carbonate it?
Many Thanks
Cadbury

Filter into keg carb up and use a CPBF
But if i had both of those id prolly just invest in a spare keg .. filter into it and then bottle as i want it or down the track when it gets closer to wanting to drink
Damn i can be lazy

Tom

Assuming you use a 1micron (or bigger - mine's 1 micron) beer filter, enough yeast-like things will get through to your bottles to process any priming sugar you use. I (and others) have done it before and it definitely works.

I simply attach my fermenter to the input of the sanitised filter and the sanitised bottling dingus to the output and go.

If you're unsure of what you're doing, perhaps try the method on a cheaper beer to convince yourself first. I find it reduces the amount of yerk in the bottle and if you're looking to age the beer for quite some time, the increase in time it takes to carbonate will not matter.

Fantastic, that is exactly what I was after. Thanks very much.
Cadbury

Latest posts

Back