Filter Size?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I force mine through using less than 10 psi and it doesn't overload the beer at all.

Also depends on the filter. A folded onle like it seems to bee in the eBay link above doesn't need so much pressure. A rooled filter is more effective and lasts longer but needs more pressure.

Alex

With my 0.3 micron filter the beer gets absolutely clear, with the 1 micron filter it still looks a little bit hazy.

No, the beer will not pass through by gravity, youd need a pump. I wouldnt force it through by CO2 pressure, this would overload the beer with CO2.
Im using a pump to transfer the beer from keg to keg.

I wasn't keen on forcing the beer because I'm using Sodastream cylinders and need to conserve my precious little CO2. So, if I want to use gravity then it looks like I'll have to go for the 1 micron absolute. From what I've read here it seems like the 1 micron still flows well using only gravity and gives a good, clear result.

I wasn't keen on forcing the beer because I'm using Sodastream cylinders and need to conserve my precious little CO2. So, if I want to use gravity then it looks like I'll have to go for the 1 micron absolute. From what I've read here it seems like the 1 micron still flows well using only gravity and gives a good, clear result.

A 1 micron absolute pleated works great using gravity (the Pumpy method), it's my method of choice these days. No extra keg to clean, it's magic :)

Cheers Ross.

A 1 micron absolute pleated works great using gravity (the Pumpy method), it's my method of choice these days. No extra keg to clean, it's magic :)

Cheers Ross.

This is what I do these days also, thanks Pumpy. No wasting gas and no extra keg to clean and sanatise.
Does take a bit longer, but its all good.

Cheers Ross.

What? No perestaltic pump anymore Ross?

Latest posts

Back