Filling A Keg From Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snagler

Reaction score
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for filling a corny keg from 375ml commercial beer bottles.

Reason being I am making a mate of mine a three tap kegerator for exchange for his bobcat help at my property. I dont wish to present it to him empty so was going to fill one of the kegs with his favourite mega swill Pure Blonde. :ph34r:

The other two kegs will be filled with my own AG concoctions - (no forseeable dramas there :icon_drool2: )

Thankyou

pour it in cold and set to pouring pressure i would think

It might help to purge the keg with CO2 first and then pour them down the side of the keg (slowly) to cut down on foaming.

Considering that the other two will be filled with AG home brew, I bet he'll never drink Pure Blonde again or is that the idea?

Considering that the other two will be filled with AG home brew, I bet he'll never drink Pure Blonde again or is that the idea?

Yep you have got it in one, but first he needs weening off. You cant rush these things

Tilt the keg a bit so you are pouring the beer onto the wall of the keg instead of letting it drop right to the bottom causing heaps of foam.

He'll need to drink it in a reasonable timeframe unless you are really careful to avoid oxidation - I'm not sure how well you'll go.
Foam is definitely your other problem. Chill everything down as cold as possible and pour slowly.

Latest posts

Back