Festival of sacrifice.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Religions are a virus.

Religions that dont allow beer/other alcoholic beverages are the worst ones....

Seriously, have a look at the general followers for all the major religions, the ones that arnt allowed to drink are the most irrational, cruel and violent.

Cheers.

Religion is alright, actually pretty awesome. The heart of which is a code, plan, map or system to live by. You get confused or lost? Hey there is a map to get on track. Unsure of what is right or wrong? **** to easy, follow the code. Problem is people.

Because I am mono-syllabic, losing interest and my baby just crapped in the bath, I will just say the people externalize that which they feel inside. All their anger, bigotry, pride exudes from their mouth. Those on the path just laugh.

I guess it's the fault of the game of (insert appropriate code here) that their 'fans/followers' go to games and spit on people, attack them pre/post game, and generally behave in irrational, disgusting, violent and abhorrent behaviours with great fervour.

madpierre06 said:
I guess it's the fault of the game of (insert appropriate code here) that their 'fans/followers' go to games and spit on people, attack them pre/post game, and generally behave in irrational, disgusting, violent and abhorrent behaviours with great fervour.
If supporting the game demands indoctrination into a bigoted and delusional mindset where the fans / followers pugnaciously assert that the laws of the universe and nature have been suspended to accommodate the rules of the game, specific, unalterable rules that must be vigorously and if need be violently upheld, and strictly the provenience their team ONLY, then yes, I think its fair that the game shoulder some of the responsibility.
Never attended a 'game' where the refs decisions extended to the fans before.

National speed limit - 110 kph. Pretty clear cut.

Deuteronomy 23:1 - He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. Not so much.

I don't have a problem with people who wish to follow a religion of their choice, it is their right, the only problem I would have is if the followers of that religion start affecting me,I must say that the followers in the above documentary do not affect me, but the children
who are being taught one belief are being affected, surely a parent should be teaching both sides of the argument, Darwinism and creationism and it is then the child's choice of which is the more feasible of the two.

I suspect spOrks comment may have been tongue in cheek, but a moral code must have existed before the bible because it was written by mere mortals.

wide eyed and legless said:
...surely a parent should be teaching both sides of the argument, Darwinism and creationism and it is then the child's choice of which is the more feasible of the two.
No.

Firstly it's not Darwinism but evolution. Calling it Darwinism is a trick the religious right in the US use to suggest it is a belief founded on the ramblings of a mad Victorian with a massive beard

Anyway, evolution and whatever creation myth you pick are emphatically not two sides of the same argument. One is fatuous nonsense, the other a fastidiously researched, tested and refined scientific theory. And before anyone jumps on the 'it's just a theory bandwagon', so is gravity. A responsible parent would no more teach their child about creation than they would about fairies, leprechauns and unicorns

Blind Dog said:
No.

Firstly it's not Darwinism but evolution. Calling it Darwinism is a trick the religious right in the US use to suggest it is a belief founded on the ramblings of a mad Victorian with a massive beard

Anyway, evolution and whatever creation myth you pick are emphatically not two sides of the same argument. One is fatuous nonsense, the other a fastidiously researched, tested and refined scientific theory. And before anyone jumps on the 'it's just a theory bandwagon', so is gravity. A responsible parent would no more teach their child about creation than they would about fairies, leprechauns and unicorns
I was using the arguments and wording used in the documentary, and a responsible parent who would not let her children go to school because they taught evolution, so was teaching her children at home and just teaching them the scriptures.

I was using the arguments and wording used in the documentary, and a responsible parent who would not let her children go to school because they taught evolution, so was teaching her children at home and just teaching them the scriptures.
then my apologies to you sir. Can't watch the video for some reason so didn't recognise the references

And one of the fundamental teachings would have been something like - "If you don't believe in our magical invisible sky pixie, you will burn in eternal Hell."

Very effective way to instil anything into young receptive minds. Disgraceful really.

Good news (or bad news for Religion) is it is getting harder to insulate children from the real world these days.
The internet will eventually be the demise of religion, or at least put the few insisting devotees into the whack job category of today's flat earthers.

Latest posts

Back