Fermentors - How Many Do You Have?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3x30L plastic
1x23L glass

1x17L fresh wort cube

I can fit all three plastic fermenters into my brew fridge.

After the previous posts, I'm almost embarrassed to say:

2 x 30L Coopers Ferms

I feel inadequate (or maybe it's just fermenter envy :unsure: )

Can't fit more than 1 in my brewfridge anyway....

Cheers,
Michael :)

As I have been floating round for a while here now, I have noticed a lot of HB'ers brewing many different beers at once.
So let us know how many fermentors you have... :icon_cheers:

1 X 50l
5 x 30l

1 x 60 litre
2 x 25 litre
the pickled kiwi2 and i share fermenters regually,this works well having a "brewbuddy" as if one of us is looking to get some stock,we can do it quickly and we find that between his 3 or 4 25litre and mine, we can between us keep them loaded all the time.

2 x 30l fermerters
6 x 15l cubes (NC & fermetning)
5 x 25l cubes (NC & fermetning)
Also have some 80-100l drums that i have used for fermenting when the need has arisen ;-)
Edit: Forgot the 3 x 15l? black Olinda fermenters

paulbb, tell us more about that 31G bling machine!!
hi crozdog its a conical hopper from toledo metal spinners that i've been doing up it's not totally finished yet. it needs braces and disks welded onto the legs so it can be bolted onto the floor then a clamping system to hold the lid down so it can be pressurised .when its finished i'll need to get a small coolroom
IMG_210322.jpg
cheers paul

2x30L
1x25L
Thems for fermentin'.

1x25L pail style
Used to be my bottling bucket, now a general purpose brew vessel.

3x20L cubes,
2x17L cubes (maybe 3?)
No chill cubes, could be used for CC, but I usually CC in fermenters or kegs.

hi crozdog its a conical hopper from toledo metal spinners that i've been doing up it's not totally finished yet. it needs braces and disks welded onto the legs so it can be bolted onto the floor then a clamping system to hold the lid down so it can be pressurised .when its finished i'll need to get a small coolroom
View attachment 15290
cheers paul
noice. very noice!! roughly what will it cost to get going (including freight from the US)?

hmm another potential 'mines bigger than your thread'. that being said, i participate :)

2x30L
1x60L

2x15L cubes
2x25L cubes

I've had all 3 frementors running at once and 1 cube full. your only really need 1 fermentor and a few cubes. 2 fermentors is better, and with 3, well you can make a hell of a lot of beer with 3.

Enough to get the job done but who really cares how many fermentors some other brewer has? :unsure:

EDIT
hmm another potential 'mines bigger than your thread'.
My thoughts exactly :eek:

croom006.jpg

fermenting004.jpg

After the previous posts, I'm almost embarrassed to say:

2 x 30L Coopers Ferms

I feel inadequate (or maybe it's just fermenter envy :unsure: )

Can't fit more than 1 in my brewfridge anyway....

Cheers,
Michael :)

Though I have 3 fermenter's, I don't even have a brew fridge (at least no to brew in)...I am at the mercy of the Brisbane weather :(

noice. very noice!! roughly what will it cost to get going (including freight from the US)?
i got it from a guy here in perth. it came over a few years ago with a larger shipment when it was cheaper to bring them over. he had it just sitting around and was'nt doing anything with it .
i did look into importing two of them a few months back from toledo they where the 24 and 21 gallons put inside of each over in the one box
with out lids qouted me around $1050 USD. then all you would need is the lids which should not cost that much to have made in aus.
if two people got together costs can be split making it cheaper for you . i have two brothers that work with stainless steel so doing welding
and that i get them to do it for me so its cost me nothing.
costs
2 balls valves $24 each plus nuts seals hose ends threaded fitting
1 compression fitting $26
seal for lid $ 22
38 mm triclover fitting $ 30
legs free
thermowell tube free
cheers paul

yeah righty-o
2*30 litre
4*25 bunnings specials
cubes 1*17

run 3 fermenters at a time in two fridges (others for bottling cc etc..) but got no... repeat no kegs...all bottles...me not to smart...and you know supply never seems to exceed demand...go figure huh <_<
hey jayse whats this thingayamebob...???

cheers ST

jayse.JPG

4x30L Plastic
1x30L pressure barrel

Most I have had is two going at once, the others are handy for washing bottles and for racking into. You can never have too many.

2 x 30 litre
1 x 25 litre
1 x 15 litre

2 x 20 litre NC cubes
3 x 15 litre NC cubes
1 x 20 litre jerry

The 25 and one 30 fermenterare both full at the moment and 4 of the 5 NC cubes also full.

Cheers,

Craig

1 x 30L Coopers
2 x 20L Generic HBS
1 x 60L " " "
1 x 20L Jerry Can

Double batch's in the 60L, then rack to two diff one's. Never had all going at once and i never will :slack:

Latest posts

Back