Fermentors - How Many Do You Have?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk75

Reaction score
As I have been floating round for a while here now, I have noticed a lot of HB'ers brewing many different beers at once.
So let us know how many fermentors you have... :icon_cheers:

As far as I am concerned, every vessel that can be cleaned and sealed is a potential fermenter, which makes the exercise difficult at best. I use:

One Coopers 30litre fermenter;
Two Bunnings 25litre water drums;
Three Decor 8.5litre food storers;

When pressed for space, I have as backup:

Four 15litre jerries;
Four 6litre jerries.

I am not fond of using the 15litre jobbies, but the 6litre ones are really useful if I screw up and achieve heaps higher extraction (and therefore volume) with a brew or if it goes in the other direction with a tiny batch. The pumpkin ale (for example) was fermented in a 6litre jerry from memory.

2 x 30L fermenter
1 x 25L fermenter

1 x 25L cube (used for NC)
1 x 20L cube (used for NC)

Most I've had fermenting at once is 2

But I'll struggle to do this with the warmer months coming - my fermentation fridge will only hold one fermenter

It could hold 2 cubes I reckon - though i am a little paranoid about using them and getting them clean after fermentation - I know that alot of people do use them without issue

Cheers

At the moment:

5 x fermenter's (2 I own.... 3 I don't... i think thats right... I know I don't own two of them)

2 x plastic jerry cans

1 x cube

1 x 300 ltr french oak wine barrel (different hobby ... but thought I would add it)

Pok

2 bunnings builts fermenters
1 pail fermenter
1 coopers fermenter

5 16L cubes for NC
4 20L cubes for NC

4 x 30L fermenters
2 x 20L jerry cans
2 x 10L jerry cans

Need more!

ABout 6 plastic buckets, soon to be one 7 GAL Stainless Steel Conical ! :)

2*30L fermenters.
2*20L cubes (for fermenting and NC)
4*15L cubes (for fermenting and NC)
1 old fermenter which is now purely a bottling bucket

I don't use all of those at once (often :rolleyes: ) but it's handy to have extra fermenter space when I need it. It's then easy to split a batch and try different things with each batch. One of the 20L cubes is now out for the count as it's fermenting a Flanders Red with bugs, so that'll be for funky beers from now on.

1 11.5Ltr
1 Coopers 25Ltr
1 30Ltr
2 75Ltr

Always on the look out for more

About to turn 1 75Ltr into an electric kettle :icon_chickcheers:

WOW...Holy Crap :eek: :eek:

Some of you must have a lot of room, or you are well organised?? I feel a buying spree coming on... :rolleyes:

Some of you must have a lot of room, or you are well organised?? I feel a buying spree coming on... :rolleyes:

Yeah... organised... :lol:

In the cooler months, a small internal room has been pressed into service with a cheap heater and a good thermostat. I stopped short of installing shelving, but I guess that Bunnings do have some cheap metal things. Hmmmm.

3 x 30 l
2 x 60 l
1 x 31 gallon ss conical
i don't use the 30 litre ones that much now i think i will sell them soon

cheers paul

1 x 130l
2 x 70 litre
4 x 30l
1 x 25l

+ 4 cubes

I've never had them all going at once though. but it's early days. :) Organised? Hmmmmmmmm.... <_<

2 x 30l fermerters
6 x 15l cubes (NC & fermetning)
5 x 25l cubes (NC & fermetning)
Also have some 80-100l drums that i have used for fermenting when the need has arisen ;-)
Edit: Forgot the 3 x 15l? black Olinda fermenters

paulbb, tell us more about that 31G bling machine!!

2x 30L
1x 20L cube.

:unsure:

I'm going to hide in the corner.

6x 30L
2x 80L
1x ~110L
2x jerries
6x cubes

some are the old black Olinda fermenters which have been demoted to chiller water.

3 * 25L Fermenters.

I'm not sure I actually need more than two...but you never know. :icon_cheers:

2*23 Litre glass
3 or 4*30 Litre plastic
1* 60 Litre plastic
6* 6L Glass
and a bunch of buckets for making lambic :)

I never seem to have enough... Looking at getting some cubes soon.

5 Fermenters
6 15L cubes
4 20L cubes

Franko

Back