Fermentation Stalled?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marca85

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Made a batch of a brewcraft JS Amber ale on the 15th and after 9 days has still got a think layer of Krausen on the top. Could this fermentation have stalled? Or is it ready to bottle? SG has been steady over the last 3 days!

Love to hear your thoughts!

Marca

Hi Guys,

Made a batch of a brewcraft JS Amber ale on the 15th and after 9 days has still got a think layer of Krausen on the top. Could this fermentation have stalled? Or is it ready to bottle? SG has been steady over the last 3 days!

Marca

Hard to tell. How is your temperature? Is the SG close to what you thought your final SG was suppose to be?

Hi Guys,

Marca

I have had beers that have still had a healthy krausen after 2 weeks but as long as you hit your desired FG you should be sweet to bottle/keg i think. Also i think the general rule of thumb is that once your SG has been steady over 3 days your good to bottle.

What was your og and fg? Did you use US05 yeast? 9 days is not really long enough, try leaving for at least 12 and better 14 days for the yeast to clean up after itself mate.

What yeast? What was your SG? What is your current gravity? Temperature?

Back